What one has to do, if the password has been lost or stolen? This internet portal allows you to recover AOL password within some minutes and, thus, regain control over your account. Stick to the guidelines, published below.
Despite the widespread stereotypes, AOL is currently experiencing the boom period in relation to the number of its users. Such an increasingly vigorous activity causes frequent attempts of AOL accounts hacking, and such an issue you can prevent by enhancing the security of your AOL account (look the other posts in the AOL category on our website).
Recover AOL account Step-by-Step:
Click on any of these buttons in order to advance to the AOL sign in form
- First Step. First of all, you need to access the website of AOL. You can do it by carrying out the following manipulations: launch your browser, paste this link (https://www.aol.com/) into its address field, and press the “Enter” button.
Instead of attempting to sign in to AOL, you need to click on “Forgot password?” in order to recover AOL password
- Second Step. Immediately after doing so, you will get to see the service’s main page. Find the “Mail” and “Sign in/Join” buttons in the menu, located to the left side. You can click on any of these two buttons.
You need to identify your AOL account first
- Third Step. Right after it, you will see the AOL sign in form. In order to recover AOL password, however, you have to click on the “Forgot password?” text button, placed below the email and password fields. Do so.
You are able to verify your identity with the help of either your mobile phone number or email address
- Fourth Step. As it happens when you recover your password at other services too, the first thing you have to do is to identify your account. So, you have to enter either your username or email address and click on the “Next” button.
Enter the code you have received into your mobile phone or email in this field
- Fifth Step. Then, you will have to verify your identity. Since it is obligatory to provide the mobile phone number to AOL, let’s recover AOL password by using the phone number. So, you have to enter your phone number in the given field and click on the “Next” button.
- Sixth Step. Immediately after it, you will receive a text code. You must enter it in the field on the AOL page and click on “Next.”
Compose a new password for your AOL account and enter it in these two fields
- Seventh Step. Then, you will appear on the page for setting up a new password. Compose a new password (which, by the way, must be somewhat between 6 and 16 symbols), enter it in both fields (make sure that the passwords match), and click on the “Next” button. Right after it, you will be able to access your AOL account with the newly created password. So, you can see now that it has been quite easy to recover AOL password. Enjoy the service of AOL!