Being present in a batch of the most popular social networks is almost a must nowadays, and many users flock to Facebook and its main competitors. Yet, there may always happen situations when you need to leave a social network – and deleting an account is a must if you are not going to return there. Our simple and step-by-step guide will demonstrate you how to delete Facebook account, as well as you will find tons of useful information in regards to how solve particular issues on Facebook instead of deleting the account or why you may need to close your Facebook account. Enjoy!
How to Close Facebook Account: Reasons For Doing So
There may be different instances when you may want to close a Facebook account. Yet, you must keep in mind that the information of yours and your account will remain to be stored on the Facebook servers for a particular period of time, and you will be able to restore your account during that period. So, the following reasons may prompt you to remove your Facebook account:
- Having another account on Facebook and getting rid of the accounts you don’t need anymore.
- Abandoning the social network due to the lack of time, annoying ads, or any other reasons.
- Insecurity about your data and private information.
- Having an account that has been hacked or which appears to be vulnerable to hacking.
How to Remove Facebook Account: The Things That May Help You
Not every reason (from the ones listed above) should prompt you to seek how to delete Facebook account, and this section will show you why. Actually, this section of our How to Remove Facebook Account guide is aimed at helping you to deal with the issues that may have caused your wish to close Facebook account. So, the common problems that the Facebook users typically face are the following ones:
- Having problems with one’s password, which may be too vulnerable to the hackers. All you need to do is to change the password of your Facebook account.
- Your posts are displayed to the people you don’t want to see your posts. You can change it by configuring your privacy settings.
- You feel as if your privacy was threatened. Configure the privacy settings properly.
- You feel that your account is not safe enough. Follow the instructions, provided in this guide. Also, think about setting up a 2-factor authentication.
- You want to share information about your company, website or anything else to a wide audience, yet don’t have a clue how to do it. This page will help you in setting up your public page on Facebook.
- You wish to change what you get to see on Facebook. We recommend you to change the ad and app settings, as well as to specify your preferences.
How to Delete Facebook Account Step By Step
Once you have made up your mind regarding the termination of your account and you wish to learn how to delete your Facebook account, you should just follow the instructions published below. Deleting your Facebook account does not take more than a couple of minutes of your time.
Our step-by-step guide will show you how to delete Facebook account, yet you need to access your account on Facebook in the first place
- Launch your browser and go to the next website: https://www.facebook.com/.
- At the top of the page, you will get to see the sign in form. With the help of that form, you should complete the Facebook sign in procedure: just enter your email or phone number along with the password and click on the “Log In” button.
In order to start the procedure of your Facebook account termination, you should access the page of settings
- Right after accessing your account on Facebook, find the “Settings” button, placed in the right-upper corner. Click on it and trigger a pop-up menu, where you have to select “Settings” accordingly.
The page of general Facebook settings allows you to close your Facebook account, and you need to click on “Manage account” in order to do so
- After accessing the Facebook settings page, you will get to see the page of general settings. The last option on that page will be “Manage Account.” You need to click on the “Edit” button, placed on the right.
A click to this “Deactivate your account” text button will help you delete your Facebook account
- Once you have clicked on that button, you will get to see a form with several options for managing your account. The first form will offer you to specify a legacy contact, so the control over your Facebook account will be granted to that person once you have passed away. However, you need to go a bit below and find the “Deactivate your account” section. Right above the “Close” button, there is the “Deactivate your account” text button. Give a click to that button.
Whatever reason of closing your account on Facebook you choose, the system will offer you to correct the issue with the network’s help instead of deleting your account
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the page where you can close your Facebook account. There, you need to specify the reason of you quitting Facebook (Facebook will annoy with the help of configuring its settings and begging you not to leave) and click on the “Deactivate” button. Also, check the box near “Opt out for…” in order to avoid receiving promo letters from Facebook.
One of the last steps of your Facebook account’s termination is clicking on this button
- In the new window, click on the “Deactivate Now” button.
At the end, you will get to see such a message, which will notify you about the success of your Facebook account termination
- Right after doing so, you will notice a notification saying that your account has been deactivated. If you will have a need to restore it, you will have at least 30 days to return to Facebook and log in with the help of the same login and password. This way, you have got to know how to delete Facebook account.