Hotmail (also often referred to as Outlook nowadays), along with Gmail and Yahoo, appears to be among the world’s top 3 largest providers of email services. If you have opted to use another email service or the necessity to use Outlook disappeared, you may consider removing your Hotmail account from the web. Our simple and step-by-step guide provides you with exact instructions on how to delete Hotmail account of yours. The entire process of the Hotmail account termination does not take more than five minutes, and you can easily get rid of your Outlook account simply by following our instructions.
How to Delete Hotmail Account Step By Step
- Prior to when you will find out how to delete Hotmail account of yours, you need to launch your browser and access the website of Microsoft apps: https://www.msn.com/.
Before you will take advantage of our step-by-step guide and will learn how to delete Hotmail account, you need to log in to your account on that service
- On the MSN website, you will see a large variety of applications. The first application in the MSN menu (located at the top) must be Outlook.com – give a click to that application.
In order to proceed further, you need to click on the “Sign in” button
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the page where you will be asked to log in to your Outlook account. Click on the huge “Sign in” button.
In order to learn how to delete Hotmail account of yours, you should provide your email address and click on the “Next” button
- On the next page, enter your email address (the one you are willing to delete) and click on the “Next” button.
In the provided field, you should type your password and click on “Sign in”
- The next step of yours must be typing the password in the provided field and clicking on the “Sign in” button.
Once you have accessed your Hotmail inbox, you have to click on your profile photo and choose “View account”
- Once you have accessed the inbox of your Hotmail account, you need to click on your profile photo, located in the right-upper part of the page. That will trigger a dropdown menu, in which you should select the “View account” menu item.
On the page of your Microsoft’s account settings, you need to go to the “Security” section – exactly there you will be able to get to know how to delete Hotmail account
- Right after doing so, you will access the page of your Microsoft account settings. Since you are seeking how to remove Hotmail account of yours, you need to access the “Security” section of the settings – the procedure of deleting your Hotmail account can be carried out exactly there.
These are the basic security settings on the Microsoft website, yet you need to access more advanced ones
- On the page of the security settings, you will get to see the three basic settings: Review recent activity, Update your security info, and Change your password. You need to scroll down till the bottom of the page.
You can access more advanced security settings at Microsoft by giving a click to this button
- At the bottom of the security settings page, you need to give a click to the “more security options” text button.
You will be asked to verify your reserve email address before proceeding ahead
- Right after that, you will be asked to verify your identity with the help of your email address or phone number. Choose the option by clicking on it.
Here, you need to type your reserve email address in the given field and click on the “Send code” button
- On the following page, you will be asked to type your email (or phone number) in the provided field. After that, click on the “Send code” button.
After you have received a verification code onto your reserve email address, you need to enter it here
- Go to the inbox of your reserve email address (or view SMS messages received onto your mobile phone) and copy the verification code you have received from Microsoft.
Once you have entered the verification code, give a click to this button
- Paste the verification code into the provided field on the Microsoft page and click on the “Verify” button.
After accessing the page of additional security options, you need to scroll down almost till the bottom
- Once you have done it, you will gain access to the page of additional security settings. There, you will see an abundance of various options. Yet, you need to scroll down till the bottom of the page.
In order to close your Microsoft account, you need to give a click to this text button
- The “Close your account” section is located almost at the page’s bottom. Click on the “Close my account” text button.
This page aims to make you understand what the account termination bears; click on the “Next” button in order to proceed further
- Then, you will get to see a page, notifying you about all the consequences of such a decision. Click on the “Next” button in order to proceed further.
the Microsoft account termination procedure is quite fiddly, and you need to check all these boxes in order to be eligible for closing your account
- After that, you will have to check all the boxes on the next page.
Here, you should choose a reason why you have decided to close your account
- Once you have checked all the boxes, select a reason why you are leaving Outlook.
At the end, you should click on this button; as you can see, your question “How to delete Hotmail account” is answered now
- Click on the “Make account for closure” button.
This guide has shown you how to delete Hotmail account, yet it will take around 60 days to close the account
- Your account will be closed 60 days after you have carried out this operation. Now, you have learnt how to remove Hotmail account.