Even such an occasion might happen when you would have a need to close Instagram account.
Of course, one is able to simply forget about this website and never return back there ever again. By doing so, however, one risks to be hacked without even noticing it, and so the data will be in the hands of malefactors while you will not be even aware of it. The same can happen, but another time someone will be posting with your name, and so most of your friends will think that it´s actually you. But you can avoid such a friend by disabling your Instagram account temporarily. Find out how to do it quickly in the guide, published right below.
Log in to your Instagram account for the last time
- The first step in closing your Instagram account is going to the website of Instagram. So, launch the browser and go to https://www.instagram.com/.
- On the main webpage of Instagram, find the text “Log in” button and give it a click.
You need to click on this button in order to get signed in
- Once you entered the Instagram sign in page, enter your username and the password and click on the blue button for logging in.
- After you have done so, you will be logged in. Then, find the button of your profile in the right-upper corner – the button is displayed in a form of a person. Click on that button.
The button of your profile is located in this place
- Then, you should have accessed the main page of your Instagram profile. Near the profile picture of yours, find and click on the “Edit Profile” button.
If you want to close Instagram account, click here
- You will get to see the page for editing the information about you. At this point, you need to scroll down till the very bottom. At the bottom, you will find a slightly visible text button, where it is written “Temporarily disable my account.” Click on that button.
This simple text button allows you to close Instagram account
- You will get redirected to another Instagram page. At first, you will be asked why you are going to close Instagram account. Choose the option that suits you – for example, the image shows that we have chosen “Privacy concerns” – and proceed further. Perhaps, the system will offer you some solutions for that matter.
Choose the reason why you have made up your mind to close Instagram account
- Yet, you have to continue further by entering the password in the field, near which it will be written “To continue, please re-enter your password.” Once you have typed the password in that field, click on the red “Temporarily Disable Account” button.
One more step and your Instagram account will be disabled
- Now, you will get a notification that your Instagram account has been disabled. However, you are able to recover it anytime by using your email address.