Snapchat is, indeed, a popular messenger service, which is installed on more than 500 million Android devices alone. Yet, there may be various reasons why you might consider stopping using this service. Whatever are the reasons, but it is recommended to delete Snapchat account if you are going to leave this service – this will ensure that no one gets access to your account and data while you think that no one uses it.
Before you will get to delete Snapchat account of yours, it is recommended for you to do one more thing. If you consider that the data of yours on Snapchat are quite important for you, we recommend you to download your Snapchat data. Besides, you should keep in mind that your account will be restored if you log in to it anytime during the 30-day period of deleting it. So, this guide will show you how to delete your account on Snapchat with ease.
In order to delete Snapchat account of yours, you should first go to the website of this company and log in under your name
- You should begin the entire procedure by launching your browser and going to the following page: https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/login.
You need to click on this option in order to delete Snapchat account of yours
- On the page of the Snapchat accounts, you will get to see a sign in form. In order to delete Snapchat account, you should log in to your account there. For that, you should type your email address or username in the first field. That must be followed by typing your password in the second field. Then, check the box in order to prove that you are not a robot and click on the “Log In” button.
You will be asked to type your username and password, after which you can click on this button
- Once you have got logged in to your account on the Snapchat website, you will see a menu of options. You need to click, however, on the “Delete My Account” option.
You will get to see such a notification, saying that you will be able to renew your account within 30 days simply by logging in
- On the next page, you will be able to delete your Snapchat account. For that, you should type your username in the first field and your username in the second field. Then, you should click on the “Continue” button.
You will also be able to find a letter about the account’s deactivation in your email’s inbox
- Right after it, you will get to see that your account has just been deactivated. If you log in anytime during the following 30 days, access to your account will be restored.
This type of an email letter you will receive from Snapchat after deactivating your account
- You will also receive an email letter about the Snapchat account deletion to your email address.
You can find more useful guides for this messenger on the Snapchat page.