Telegram is, indeed, a worthwhile and even amazing service, but there is also a possibility that you may not like it. Or, perhaps, you just may have a need to remove this service from your phone temporarily. In such a situation, the wisest decision would be to delete your account, if you are not going to use it anymore. This way, you can ensure that no one is going to get access to your confidential information and contacts. This simple guide will demonstrate you how to delete Telegram account with ease. Enjoy!
Prior you will be able to delete Telegram account of yours, you need to log in on the Telegram’s website
- Well, first of all it must be pointed out that this entire process should be started not in the app. Instead, we suggest you to use a web browser for the sake of simplicity and convenience. So, if you want to delete the Telegram account of yours, the first step of yours must be the following: you should copy this link and past it into the address line of your browser: https://my.telegram.org/authto=deactivate.
This code message that you have just received onto your Telegram account must be entered on that website
- On that web page, you will be asked to type the phone number of your Telegram account in the given field. Do it and click on the “Next” button in order to proceed further.
Once you have typed that code message in this field, click on the “Sign in”
- Once you have done that, you will receive a verification code in your Telegram account. Take your phone, find the chat with a code, and type that code in the given field. There, you need to click on the “Sign in” button.
Here you can delete Telegram account of yours: make sure that the phone number is typed in write and specify the reason of why you are leaving
- On the next page, you will actually get an opportunity to delete your Telegram account right away. You need to carefully read everything (and especially the warning) that is written on that page. In the field “your phone number,” you need to check whether you typed your mobile phone number in that field correctly.
If you give a click on this button, it will be impossible to restore your account anymore
- Below that phone number, you will actually see a field where you will be asked about why you are leaving. Even though you can leave it blank, it would be better if you type there the reason of your departure from the service. Once you are done with all of this, you can click on the blue “Done” button.
Once you have got to see this notification, it implies that your Telegram account has been deleted
- Now, you will get your account deleted immediately. Thus, you (and nor anyone else) will not be able to access it anymore.
This website has also a large number of other guides for deleting accounts in various services, and you may find them here.