VK appears to be one of the world’s largest social networks – particularly, the largest social network in the post-USSR countries – and can boast to be in the list of the world’s most visited website. However, it is not only the audience from the post-USSR countries that is present there, but also many people from all over the world tend to use this social network, which appears to be a worthy alternative to Facebook. At the same time, many users also, sooner or later, decide to stop using this social network, which result in the necessity to close their accounts. Actually, it will take 6 months in order to close your VK account completely, so don’t expect the process to be that fast. Yet, you can start the procedure right now with the help of our guide, which will show you how to delete VK account, and forget about the worries, connected with the security of the private information.
How to Remove VK Account: Reasons to Consider Abandoning This Social Network
If you have gotten to read this guide, then, one way or another, you have been contemplating about closing your account on VK. Actually, there may be many reasons to consider abandoning this social network, and this section of our How to Delete VK Account guide will list the most common reasons of stopping using this social network. So, the reasons to stop using VK may be the following ones:
- It can boast to have huge piles of inappropriate and illegal content, including the copyright violations, as well as the abundance of pornography and stolen music.
- It may have an audience that is much smaller than the one of Facebook, as well as a large part of this audience does not speak English at all.
- Your VK account may contain a lot of sensitive and private information of yours and be an easy target for the hackers.
- Certain users annoy or harass you on this social network.
- You experience a lack of time and you want to compensate it with this step of abandoning this social network.
How to Delete VK Account Step By Step
As it has been mentioned above, it takes 6 months in order to finalize the procedure of your VK account termination. After you will complete the instructions that are published right below, you will be able to enter your account during the following 6-month period – that would mean that you cancelled the termination procedure and your account would be restored. Follow the instructions below in order to learn how to delete VK account step by step:
Our step-by-step guide demonstrates how to delete VK account, yet the first step you should make is to log in to this social network
- The first thing you should do is to open the browser you wish and access the following website: https://vk.com/.
Before you will be allowed to log in to your VK account, you will have to prove that you are not a robot
- In the right-upper corner of that website, you will see a sign in form that you need to complete (you can read more about how to log in to VK on this page).
In order to trigger a pop-up menu and access the page of settings, you need to click here
- Enter your mobile phone number or email address in the first field of the VK sign in form. After that, type your password in the second field of that form and click on the “Log in” button.
If you need to find out how to delete VK account, you should select this menu item in the pop-up menu you have just triggered
- Once you have clicked on that button, you will get to see a confirmation box that will require you to prove that you are not a robot – just check the box near “I’m not a robot” in order to proceed further.
The page of general VK settings allows you to close your VK account with ease and within a couple of minutes
- Right after that, you will get to see your profile on VK. In the right-upper corner, you will get to see your profile photo. Give it a click.
You can find a text button for closing your VK account at the bottom of the page of the general VK settings
- That will trigger a pop-up menu with a couple of menu items, and you should click on “Settings.”
- After accessing the page of your VK account’s general settings, you will get to see menu sections on the right and lots of options on that page. However, you need to scroll down until the very bottom of that page of the general settings.
Before you will be allowed to go, VK will require you to provide the reason why you are leaving – funny comments are supplied additionally
- At the bottom of that page, you will get to see a small line, where it is written, “You can delete your profile here.” You need to click on that “here” text button.
It will take 6 months to close your VK account, and you can restore it anytime during this period
- On the following page, you will be asked to select a reason of why you are leaving (every reason comes with a joke from the VK team – or not a joke). Also, don’t forget to uncheck the box near “Share with friends,” unless you want every your friend to notice that you have deleted your account. Click on the “Delete Profile” button.
- You will get to see that your profile has been deleted, yet you still have a chance to restore it within a 6-month period. This way, you have learnt how to close VK account with the help of our step-by-step guide.