If you have taken a decision to stop using WhatsApp or you have other reasons to delete WhatsApp account of yours, there is nothing difficult in doing so. You should keep in mind, however, that if you don’t use your WhatsApp account, it is recommended to delete in order to prevent unauthorized users to get access to it. This step-by-step guide will show you how to delete your WhatsApp account step by step.
If you need not to access and not to receive notifications from the app temporarily (or just not to access the application), then there may be no need in deleting your WhatsApp account. Instead, you can simply delete the application on your smartphone. Once you will have a need to access the messenger again, just install the app and you will gain access to your app. If you need to delete your account anyway, here are the instructions how to do it.
Even though you wish to delete WhatsApp account, you need to launch the application in the first place
- Start the entire procedure of your WhatsApp account deletion by tapping on the WhatsApp icon and running the app.
Click on this icon in order to call a menu of the application
- After you have got to see the WhatsApp page with your conversations, you will have to trigger the app’s menu of settings. In order to do that, tap on the three-dotted button in the right-upper corner.
You can delete WhatsApp account of yours by accessing the page of settings of your WhatsApp account
- Once you have prompted a pop-up menu, tap on the “Settings” menu item.
You are able to delete WhatsApp account of yours only in this section of your page’s settings, and that is not something difficult to do
- If you want to delete your WhatsApp account, you need to select “Account” among other sections of your account’s settings.
If you truly wish to delete your account on WhatsApp, click on this section in order to access the page where you will be able to delete the account
- On the following page, there will be five sections, the last of which is “Delete my account.” Tap on it.
Now, you can type your country, country code, and phone number in; then, click on this button if you have made up your mind to delete the account of yours
- Then, you will get to see a page where you can delete your WhatsApp account. There, you need to select your country, country code, and type your phone number in the provided field. Once you have done that, click on the “Delete My Account” button.
- You will get to see a pop-up warning. Then, tap on “Yes.”
- Your account has just been deleted. Now, you can uninstall the application simply by tapping on its icon, holding, and moving to the dustbin on your phone. Now, you have just left WhatsApp.
We recommend you to look for the guides for the Telegram messenger.