Facebook appears to be the world’s most popular social network with the number of users approaching to 2 billion bit by bit. Thanks to such popularity, Facebook has become a common spot not only for common, naïve users, but also for experience hackers who always make attempts to get access over specific Facebook accounts.In order to avoid the fate of such accounts, it would be a good decision to change Facebook password from time to time.
If you think that it is just a headache and consumes a lot of time, then forget about it: it will take really no more than a couple of minutes. In order to make it easier for yourself, just follow the guidelines which are published below.
How to Change Facebook Password Step-by-Step:
- First Step. Open the browser and go to the website of Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/.
In the first place, you certainly have to log in to your account
- Second Step. Once you have got to see the main webpage of Facebook, enter your login (phone number or email) and password in the respective fields and click on the “Log in” button.
Click on this button
- Third Step. After accessing your Facebook account, find the button of settings in the shape of a pointer. Click on it.
After the pop-up menu has been opened, select “Settings”
- Fourth Step. You will see a pop-up menu opened, and you have to select “Settings” once again in that menu.
You can change your password right in the general settings of your Facebook account
- Fifth Step. Immediately after it, you will get to see the page of your Facebook account’s settings. On the left, there will be a menu with different categories of settings. By default, you get to see the page of general account settings – exactly what you need. Find the password field and click on “Edit.”
This way looks the window for changing the Facebook password
Near the fields of the new password, you can see whether your new Facebook password is strong enough and whether do the passwords match
- Sixth Step. In the newly appeared window, you will see the current password automatically entered. If it wasn’t entered, you have to type it manually. Then, compose a password for your account and type it in both fields. Beside fields, there will be indicators whether the password is reliable enough and whether both of the passwords match. If you think that all looks alright, click on the “Save changes” button.
You can opt to either log out of the rest of your devices or keep them logged in
- Seventh Step. In the next window, you will be asked whether you want to stay logged in on other devices. Choose whether you want or not and click on “Continue.”
You will get to see the page of general settings again, and it will be displayed that your password has been changed a couple of seconds ago
- Eighth Step. Your Facebook password has just been updated. You will appear on the page of general account settings again, so in the password field you will see that the password has been changed just a while ago.
Change Facebook Password on Mobile:
Even if you don’t have access to your PC or laptop currency, you still can change your Facebook password on iPhone or an Android phone. The easiest way to do it is to install the Facebook app (it must be automatically installed on all Android phones; if you don’t have it, learn how to install it here) and change the password right within that mobile app. This way, you can change your Facebook password simply by following our guidelines. Don’t forget to leave the feedback about our guide !
Before you will be able to change your Facebook password within its official app, you have to access this mobile app actually
- In the first place, you have to find the icon of the Facebook app on your smartphone and tap on it.
- After successfully launching the mobile application of Facebook, you have to sign in to your Facebook account. In order to do that, you should type your email address (or phone number) in the first field and your password in the second field. Then, tap on the “LOG IN” button.
Prior to changing the password of your Facebook account, you must log in to your account first
- Right after that, you will get to see the feed of your Facebook account. There, you will see five buttons, placed at the top of the feed. At that stage, you need to tap on the “Menu” button, which can be found in the right-upper part of the screen.
Now you can change your password on Facebook, and you should scroll down for that purpose
- Following it, you will get to see the page with your Facebook account’s settings. There, you need to scroll down till the very bottom.
The next step of yours must be accessing the page of your Facebook account’s settings
- At the bottom of that page, you have to tap on the “Settings & Privacy” menu item.
You need to tap on this section in order to access the page of your Facebook account’s settings
- Following it, that menu item will get expanded and you will get to see additional options. Then, you have to tap on the “Settings” item under “Settings & Privacy.”
If you still want to access your Facebook account, you need to tap on this section of the settings
- Now, you can start changing the password of your Facebook account right within this mobile app. On the page that you have just got to see, you should tap on the “Security and login” option.
You can start the procedure of Facebook password change by tapping here
- The following page will provide you with all necessary information about the security and login of your account – you will see your current sessions at the top of that page. There, however, you need to tap on the “Change password” item, placed right beneath the “Login” section.
In order to change the password of your Facebook account, you must enter your current password in this field
- On the next page, you will get an opportunity to set up a new password for your Facebook account in a short form.
You should make up a reliable password for your Facebook account and type it in these two fields
- At first, you should type your old (current) password in the first field of that password change form.
- Then, you need to make up a solid, reliable password for your account on Facebook. We recommend you to make your password as strong as possible, whereas it must include small letters, capital letters, digits, and special symbols.
You have to confirm changes to your Facebook password simply by tapping on this button
- Once you have come up with a good password, you should type that password in the second and third fields of that form.
If you wish all the devices to remain logged in to your Facebook account, you should select this option and proceed further
- After you have filled out that password change form, you can tap on the blue “Save Changes” button.
- Following it, you will be asked whether you want to log out of all other devices after changing your password. If you want to keep the sessions active, you should select “Stay logged in” and tap the “Continue” button.
Now, you can sign in to your Facebook by using a new password every time
- Right after it, you will be redirected back to the page of your Facebook account’s security settings. At this point, however, the password of your Facebook account will be changed, and you will have to use a new password every time you will attempt to access your Facebook account.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Facebook Password Change:
Q: How to change Facebook password
A: In order to change the password of your Facebook account, you should follow the guidelines that you can find in this article. As our article above showed, you can change the password both on your PC/laptop and on your mobile.
Q: Can I change my Facebook password without knowing the current password
A: Unfortunately, you cannot change your password on Facebook if you don’t know the current password. Even if it happened that your session has remained preserved and you still can access your account, you will be asked to enter your current password during the password change procedure. That is why you will need to recover your Facebook password in the first place.
Q: I tried to change my password on Facebook, but I get an error. What should I do
A: First of all, you have to make sure that you follow our guidelines attentively and don’t miss anything important. Secondly, try to understand what type of an error you are receiving and try to correct it. Obviously, if you enter a wrong current password, you should either enter a correct one or get your password recovered. If nothing helps, we recommend you to contact the Facebook customer support.
Q: How to change Facebook password on iPhone
A: If you want to change your Facebook password on an iPhone, you can do it in two easy ways: either install the Facebook app and change it there or change the password while accessing your Facebook in a mobile browser. If you want to install the app and change the password within it, follow the instructions of the second part of our article. If the latter option is more suitable for you, stick to the first part of our guide.
Q: How to change Facebook password on Android phones
A: Same as changing the password on an iPhone, you can easily change your Facebook password on an Android phone. It is even easier to do on an Android phone because the Facebook app is already installed on all Android phones by default.
Q: How to change password on Facebook app
A: The entire procedure tends to be fairly simple. If you wish to learn how to change password on Facebook app, please follow the guidelines of the second part of our article.
Q: How to change Facebook password without email
A: If you are already logged in to your Facebook account and you remember your current password, you can change it without a need of having access to your email address. If you need to sign in to your account first, then you can use your mobile phone number or alternate email address for accessing your account.
Q: How to change password on Facebook Messenger app
A: The passwords for the Facebook mobile app and the Facebook Messenger app are same. So, if you change a password for your Facebook account, you also change a password for accessing your Facebook Messenger app.
Q: How to change password on Facebook business page
A: In order to change the password of your Facebook business page, you must access your account settings and click on the “Edit” text button, placed next to the “Password” section.