Facebook has a lot of useful features for anyone, and there are myriads of features that can be used both commercially and as a means of communication with your friends. One of such features is indeed the Facebook group feature: you are able to create a group you want with any settings you wish in the world’s largest social network. No matter whether you want to start an online auction or just to organize your friends to come to a party at your home, the feature of Facebook groups will stand in good stead for any purpose. This step-by-step guide illustrates how to create a Facebook group within several minutes.
Before you start the process of creating a Facebook group, you need to sign in to the social network first
- In the first place, you should enter the website of Facebook and carry out the process of sign in. So, you should go to: https://www.facebook.com/.
- At the top of Facebook’s main page, you will get to see a sign in form. Enter your phone number or email address in the first field and your password in the second field. Click on “Log in.”
You can find this section on the left side of your Facebook feed page
- Once you have got to see your feed, you should draw your attention to the left side of the page. There, you will see a long list with sections like “Shortcuts”, “Explore”, etc. You need to go to “Explore” > “Groups.” Click on “Groups.”
- Then, you will get to see the page of Facebook groups. In particular, there will be different sections of groups that might match your interests, such as groups of your friends, local groups, and groups according to the subject. You need to find the green “Create Group” button, located at the top of the page, and click on it.
- After doing so, you will get to see a new window. That is the window for creating a Facebook group. In the first field, you should name your group (for example, “PARTY AT MY HOUSE 19.06.2020”). In the second field, you can automatically add the friends of yours you want to this group: all you have to do is just to enter their names or email addresses. Then, you should choose what type of a group it must be: public, closed, and secret. Public group can be accessed by any user of Facebook. Closed group and posts within this group can be seen only by the members of this group. Secret group can be found only by the members of this group (others will not see it). Also, you can make it more convenient to access the group by creating a shortcut: check the box “Pin to Shortcuts.”
On the page of Facebook groups, you should give a click to this button in order to start a group
- Once you have specified all the above mentioned settings, you need to click on “Create.” Your new Facebook group has been created!