Even though Facebook has faced a lot of criticism in the recent years, it tends to be a social company after all. With its massive scale, this company can make a lot to help people. In particular, Facebook has introduced a number of social features. One of such features is the Facebook crisis response feature, which helps people to get notified about accidents, receive and offer help, make sure that their friends in the affected area are safe. This step-by-step guide will demonstrate you how to use this feature.
You can always access the Facebook crisis response feature with the Facebook app on your smartphone
- First of all, you need to find the Facebook app on your smartphone and tap on it.
On the page of your account’s settings, you need to scroll down quite a bit
- After you have launched the app, you need to access the account’s page of settings. There, you need to click on the three-lined button, placed on the right side of the app.
If you click on this button, you will access the Facebook crisis response feature
- Once you have accessed the page of the settings, you need to scroll down (a bit) until you will find the “Crisis Response”. If you have a phone with a big display, however, you will get to see it immediately. Click on the “Crisis Response” option.
You can click on the “LEARN MORE” button under a particular accident in order to find out more about it
- Once you have accessed the page of the Crisis Response feature, you will get to see the latest accidents in the world. You can find out more about a particular accident by clicking on “LEARN MORE.”
You can also help (or get help, if you or your friends/relatives are the one in need) in case of an accident
- After you have clicked that, you will notice the map with the location of where it happened. Below, you will get to see the “here are ways that you can help” button. Click on it.
As you can see, you can try to seek or provide help, while you can read the posts from the users by clicking on “SEE ALL POSTS”
- Once you have clicked there, you will be able to beg or provide help there. Also, you will be able to see all posts regarding the accident or share the page.
On this page of the Facebook crisis response feature, you can see all the accidents that have recently occurred around the globe
- After all, you can come back to the page of the crises response feature. There, you will get to see a list of latest accidents in the world. You can learn more or share the information about any accident. It is highly advised to check this section from time to time.
Also, find out how to create an event on Facebook with the help of this guide.