Facebook live streaming became popular a while ago, while Facebook is attempting to become a solid rival to YouTube. One of the advantages of streaming on this social network is that almost every adult human is present here. Besides, considering that many users don’t turn off notifications about live streams, you can expect that your streams will gain some audience immediately. So, if you want to find out how to start live streaming on Facebook, follow the guidelines provided in this step-by-step guide.
It tends to be extremely easy to start live streaming on Facebook, yet you should begin by logging in to your account on this social network
- In order to take advantage of the Facebook live streaming feature, you need to launch your browser and access its website in the first place. In order to access the website of Facebook, you should paste the following URL in the browser’s address line: https://www.facebook.com/.
In the post field, you need (instead of writing and posting) to click on this section
- Right after that, you will enter the main webpage of Facebook. There, you need to carry out the Facebook sign in procedure. For that, you should utilize the sign in form that is placed at the top of the page. You have to enter your email address in the first field and password in the second field. After all, you should click on the “Log in” button.
Your browser is likely to ask you a permission for using your camera and microphone – grant it or, otherwise, you won’t be able to stream
- Once you have accessed your account and got to see your feed, get to the top of it. At the top of the posting field, you will notice the following sections: Make Post, Photo/Video Album, and Live Video. Click on the latter option.
You will notice that your camera started working immediately, but don’t worry – it is still not airing as you have to configure all the available settings
- The browser will immediately require you to give permission to your microphone and camera. Click on the “Allow” button.
- On the following page, you will be able to configure the settings of your stream. First of all, decide whether it will be a private or a public stream.
Write a post to your live streaming and specify who can see this stream
- Then, you can add a description or write something in the post.
- Add a title to your live stream.
At the end, give a title to your stream and click on this button in order to start live streaming on Facebook
- Once you think that you are ready to start streaming, you should click on the “ Go Live” button. All your friends who haven’t turned off notifications about live streams will immediately get notifications about your stream.
By the way, Facebook has introduced a feature that allows Instagram users to share their stories to WhatsApp within one click. Read more about it here.