The mobile application of Facebook is used by more than 1 billion users worldwide, making it one of the most popular applications in the world. However, this app is, indeed, extremely data-consuming, as it can absorb insane amounts of internet traffic. Thus, you may encounter numerous problems when using the Facebook app from your smartphone with mobile data or while roaming. This is the reason why you need to learn how to use Facebook data saver, and this guide of ours will show you to get this feature enabled and set up.
What is this Facebook data saver feature and how it works? Well, the company is pretty aware of the problems that users experience because of the massive amounts of data its app consumes. Thus, they came up with a feature that allows the users to save a pretty good deal of their money. The Facebook data saver feature works in a following way: your feed will be far smaller and all the content there (such as videos and images) will be compressed. Now, it’s time to get it set up!
If you will use Facebook data saver while being away from Wi-Fi (or especially abroad), you will be able to save a great deal of traffic and money
- Begin the entire process simply by finding the Facebook app icon on your smartphone and tapping on it.
- Then, once you have accessed the app, you need to click on the button of settings: this three-lined button is located to the right side of the app, near the bell icon (the notifications button).
Once you have accessed this page of settings, you need to scroll down (almost till the very bottom)
- After accessing the page of your account’s settings, you will get to see various options. However, you need to scroll down there almost until the bottom – you need to find “Data Saver.”
Click on this button in order to use Facebook data saver on your phone
- Once you have found the “Data Saver” menu option, click on it.
- Then, you will get to see the page where you can enable the feature of data saver. There, you need just to tap on the button, located next to “Data Saver on.” Do it.
Now, you need to enable the Facebook data saver simply by tapping on this button
- Right after that, you will immediately notice that the feature has been enabled. Apart from that, you will also notice that another feature appeared below it: “Always turn off Data Saver on Wi-Fi.” If you want to use this feature even while on Wi-Fi, tap on the button next to it.
However, you can turn off the Facebook data saver if your phone is connected to Wi-Fi – just this setting must be enabled
- That’s it. Now you have enabled the Data Saver feature, and your Facebook app will consume far less data.
Besides, you can also learn how to manage video settings on this guide, published on our website.