If you have faced problems with accessing your account on Facebook, the largest social network in the world, then you may have a need to resort to the procedure of Facebook password recovery. The procedure consists of just several steps and will not take much time of yours. So no matter whether you have just lost your password or it has been stolen, use the guidelines, published below, in order to regain the control over your account. Recover Facebook password with the help of this simple guide:
Recover Facebook Password on PC Step-by-Step:
You have to click on this text button in order to recover Facebook password
- First Step. First of all, open your browser and go to the following website: https://www.facebook.com/.
- Second Step. There is a sign in form, located in the right-upper part of Facebook’s main page. Typically, you use this form for logging in. At this point, however, you have to find the “Forgot account” text button, placed right below the password field. Click on it.
At first, you need to get your account identified
- Third Step. In order to recover your Facebook password, you need to identify your account first. For that, you need to enter one of the following data linked to your account: full name, username, phone number, or email. Do so and click on the “Search” button.
Choose the means of resetting the password and click on the “Continue” button
- Fourth Step. After it, the system will identify your account and offer you the means of getting a verification code. Since there has been only email address linked to the account used in this guide, we had to opt to reset the password via email address and click on the “Continue” button.
Such a letter with a verification code will appear in your email inbox
Copy the code and insert it in this field; after doing so, click on “Continue”
- Fifth Step. Now, you have to go to the inbox of your email. Find there a letter sent by Facebook, open it, copy the verification code from the letter, and paste it into the field on the Facebook page.
Finally, you are able to recover Facebook password and set up a new, reliable password
- Sixth Step. Once you have pasted the code into the field, click on the “Continue” button.
It is better, however, if you opt to log out of the other devices of yours
- Seventh Step. After all, you can set up a new Facebook password. Just make up a password and type it in the given field. Yet, make sure there is no one looking after you since the password is displayed (you have to click on the “Hide” button in order to have it hidden, the way it is displayed on the image). Once you have done it, click on the “Continue” button.
Facebook may offer you to make your account more secure, but it will take quite a while
- Eighth Step. After doing so, you will be asked whether you want to stay logged in on the other devices. It is better, however, to get logged out. Opt the options that suit you and click on “Continue.” After it, Facebook may ask you to improve your security – click on “Get Started” for doing so. However, you have successfully completed the procedure of Facebook password recovery.
Recover Your Facebook Password On a Mobile:
If you are currently away from your PC or laptop, you can decide to recover your Facebook password on an iPhone or an Android phone. Indeed, there is no easier way than to do it in the official mobile application of Facebook, which is available on both iOS and Android. While our previous article demonstrates you how to install the Facebook app on your smartphone (if you don’t have it installed yet), these instructions will guide you through the Facebook password recovery process on your smartphone. Let us know if you have any questions !
Before you will be able to recover your Facebook password on your smartphone, you have to access the Facebook mobile app
- First of all, you have to find the Facebook app icon on your smartphone and tap it. That, in turn, will launch this mobile application.
You have to tap on this text button in order to start the recovery of your Facebook password
- Once you have got to see the main page of the Facebook app, you have to tap on the “FORGOTTEN PASSWORD” text button, which can be found right beneath the “LOG IN” button.
You need to find your account on Facebook by entering either your email address or phone number
- Now, you have just started the procedure of the Facebook password recovery. On the following page, you will have to enter either your email address or your phone number (which must be linked to your account) in the provided field. Then, tap on the “FIND YOUR ACCOUNT” button.
This notification indicates that you have just received a recovery letter onto your email address
- Once your account will be found, you will notice a notification that a recovery email letter or an SMS message has been sent to your email address or phone number (depending on the recovery method you have chosen).
If you have received a recovery letter from Facebook, you have to tap on this button and the letter will be resent
- Go to your inbox (or check your phone) and find a letter (an SMS message) with a verification code.
- If you still haven’t received a letter/SMS message with a verification, click on the “Send Email Again” button.
This way looks the recovery letter from Facebook, and the verification code from this letter must be used for recovering your password
- Once you have finally obtained the verification code, you have to type it in the provided field and, then, tap on the “CONTINUE” button.
After you have entered the verification code in the provided field, you should tap this button
- On the next page, you will be asked whether you want to keep the current sessions active or log out. Select the appropriate option and tap on the “CONTINUE” button again.
You can either leave the current sessions of your account untouched or log out on all the devices
- Following it, you will be offered to set up a new password for your Facebook account. At that point, you should come up with a strong, solid password for your account, and it must include digits, small letters, capital letters, and, perhaps, some special symbols.
At this point, you can set up a new password for your Facebook account
- Once you have created a new password for your Facebook account, you have to type it in the provided field and tap on the “CONTINUE” button.
You can save your Facebook password for future sessions simply by tapping on this text button
- Right after that, the Facebook mobile application will offer you to save that password. If you want to keep accessing your account with one click, you may consider tapping the “SAVE PASSWORD” text button.
- After doing so, Facebook will offer you to save your password again and be able to access your account in the official app in one click. You should tap the “OK” button if you want to do it (look at the last screenshot).
If you tap on this button, your password will be remembered in this mobile app for other sessions
- Eventually, you will access your Facebook feed – this implies that you have succeeded to change your Facebook password. From that time on, you will have to use a new password each time you will log in to your Facebook account.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Facebook Password Recovery:
Q: When should I consider recovering my password on Facebook
A: Whenever you can’t access your Facebook account due to the “wrong password entered,” you should start the procedure of the Facebook password recovery. Also, if you want to change your Facebook password but cannot do it because you don’t remember your current password (and your session remains active, so you can access your account), you should also start recovering your password on Facebook. All in all, you should recover your Facebook password whenever you have problems with accessing your account or changing your password.
Q: How can I recover my password on Facebook
A: You can recover your Facebook account both on your PC/laptop and on your smartphone. This article contains guides for recovering your Facebook account on all types of devices, and you should simply follow the guidelines, published in this article. Make sure that you do everything step by step.
Q: Can I recover my Facebook password on iPhone
A: Yes, of course. You can recover your Facebook password on an iPhone either by accessing your Facebook account via the Facebook official mobile app or in any mobile browser. The second part of our guide demonstrates you how to recover your password on Facebook within the mobile app.
Q: How can I recover my Facebook password on an Android phone
A: Actually, the users of Android smartphones find it even easier to change their Facebook passwords, whereas the Facebook app is usually already installed on such phones. Even though you can do it also in a mobile browser as well, it tends to be far less convenient.
Q: I follow your guidelines, but I still cannot access my Facebook account. What should I do
A: First of all, make sure that you don’t miss any important step. If you still encounter the same error and, thus, you cannot recover your Facebook password, we highly recommend you to contact the customer support on Facebook and describe your issue.
Q: How to recover Facebook password without confirmation reset code
A: A time ago, you could actually recover your Facebook password without a need to enter a reset code. Due to the number of hacks, however, Facebook has stopped supporting this feature. The only way how you can recover your Facebook password without having to enter a reset code is to access your email inbox, open a letter from Facebook, and click on the recovery button (instead of entering the reset code).
Q: How to recover Facebook password without email and phone number
A: If you don’t have access to your email address and phone number, you still have chances to recover your password on Facebook. But in order to do that, you should contact the Facebook customer support and describe your issue. It is very likely that they will ask you to provide evidence that the account is actually yours and, perhaps, some documents (such as your ID).
Q: How to recover Facebook password without email and security question
A: You can recover your password on Facebook by using your mobile phone, which is linked to your Facebook account. For that, you should just choose to receive a verification code as an SMS message onto your phone, enter it in the provided field, and apply a new password to your Facebook account.
Q: How to recover my Facebook password without resetting it
A: Unfortunately, it is impossible to recover your Facebook password without resetting it.