When it comes to security of your Gmail account, one of the most important features available is indeed Gmail 2-step verification. The feature of Gmail 2-step verification allows you to access your Gmail account only with a phone confirmation (by SMS message or phone call). You can easily turn this feature on by following the guidelines, placed below.
You have to access your account in order to enable Gmail 2-step verification
- Begin the procedure by going to Google’s website: http://www.google.com/.
Type your email address or phone number in this field
- On the website, click on the “Sign in” button.
After providing the password, click on the blue button
- Enter your email address (or phone number) and click on “Next.”
Choose Gmail in the menu of Google Apps
- In the next window, you should provide your password and click on the “Sign in” button.
Open the window of settings by clicking here
- Once you get back to the main page of Google, click on the Google Apps button and select Gmail.
Click on this text button and proceed further
- You will access your inbox, where you have to click on the Settings button (on the right side of the page). In a menu, select “Settings.”
This way looks the page where you can manage the security of your Gmail account
- Among different settings sections, you need to select “Account and Import.”
Click here and enable the feature of Gmail 2-step verification
- On the page of “Account and Import” settings, you need to click on “Change password recovery options” near “Change account settings.”
Kick start the process of enabling Gmail 2-step verification by giving a click to this button
- On the page of your Gmail account security, you need to scroll down a bit until you will get to see the “Password & sign-in method” section.
Enter the password once again
- Click on “Off” near “2-Step Verification.”
You need to provide your phone number in order to enable the feature
- You will get to see a window, explaining you what the feature of Gmail 2-step verification is. Click on “GET STARTED.”
Type the code in the given field and click on “NEXT”
- You will be asked to reenter your password again. After doing so, click on “Sign in.”
- In the next window, select your country, provide your phone number, and choose the means of receiving confirmation codes from Gmail (phone calls or text messages). Click on the “NEXT” button.
After clicking on this text button, you will have the Gmail 2-step verification feature enabled
- You will receive a code onto your mobile phone number. You need to type it in the field on the next page and click on the “NEXT” button. If you have not received a code, click on the “Resend” text button.
- Once you are done with that, click on the “TURN ON” text button. After doing so, you will have to use your mobile phone every time when attempting to access your Gmail account.