You can try out all the features of Gmail on your own anytime, and all you have to do is to complete the procedure of Gmail Sign Up.
Gmail is the email service provider with the world largest number of users, which may serve as a recognition of the quality of its service. Moreover, this email service provider allows you to take advantage of an impressive number of features, and this facilitates your work pretty much.
Gmail Sign Up Step-by-Step:
- First Step. Open your browser and enter the Google´s website.
Launching the process of Gmail sign up
- Second Step. On the Google´s main page, you will see a text “Gmail”, located on the left side from the “Google apps” button and “Images”. Click on that text button.
Click on the large red button in order to open the Gmail sign up form
- Third Step. On the Gmail page, you have to create a new account. Click on the red button where it is written: “create an account” (look at the image).
Complete this Gmail sign up form and click on the ¨Next¨ button
- Fourth Step. Now, you have to fill the given sign up form. In particular:
- The first name and the last name (the 1st row).
- Your username (the 2nd row).
- The password and repeating it (the 3rd and 4th rows).
- The date of your birth (the 5th row).
- Gender (the 6th row).
Below these fields, there are also several others that have to be filled in. In particular, the following two fields are your phone number and email address. You are obliged to fill at least one of them, though, if you wish so, you can complete both fields. After all, specify your location (if it is not automatically filled) and click on the “Next” button.
Agree to the terms of the Google´s policy
- Fifth Step. Now, you need to agree that you will comply with the policy of Google. Click on the “I agree” button.
This kind of message you receive after getting registered
- Sixth Step. You will receive a letter or an SMS message that your new Gmail account has been registered, and you do not have to confirm it or anything similar. Just proceed further and you will see the page of your account’s settings. On that page, you can apply the settings you want.
- Seventh Step. Click on the “Google apps” button which you have perhaps seen before, located to the left side from your profile’s photo or icon. In the pop-up menu, click on the button of Gmail.
Start using your newly created Gmail account
- Eighth Step. Now you need to click on “Next” in the welcoming presentation several times, and you will get a message, after all, that you are able to use your new Gmail account.
Sign Up for a Gmail Account on a Smartphone:
Luckily enough, Gmail allows its users to create their accounts not only in web browsers. You can also sign up for Gmail simply while using your smartphone, and the easiest way of doing so is through the Gmail mobile application. While all owners of Android devices have the Gmail app installed on their devices by default, you have to install Gmail on iPhones on your own (read how to do it at the end of our guide). At this point, we will show you how to sign up for Gmail on the app, and you can comment on your experience of doing so in the comments!
This way looks the main page of your Gmail mobile application, and you can proceed further by tapping on “GOT IT”
- In the first place, you have to find the icon of the Gmail app on your smartphone and tap on it.
This is the place where you can add another email address – regardless whether it already exists or not yet
- Once you have launched the mobile application, you will get to see its front page – you need to tap on the “GOT IT” text button there.
You may tap on this option in order to start accessing a Gmail account
- Following it, you will see a page with all the email accounts that you have added to this app. At that point, you need to tap on “Add another email address.”
If you want to sign up for Gmail in this app, you have to tap on the “Or create a new account” text button
- After doing so, you should select “Google” among other email service providers.
You can enter your first and last name in these fields and tap on “Next”
- You will be offered a Gmail sign in form on the next page. Instead of using it, however, you should tap on the “Or create a new account” text button.
This is the page where you can specify your gender and date of birth
- On the following page, you have to enter your first name in the first field and your last name in the next field. Tap on “NEXT.”
Your username will be the first part of your email address, and you can specify it here
- Following it, you should enter your birthdate and gender on the next page. Once you have done that, you should tap on the “NEXT” text button.
You can set up a password for your Gmail account here, and we recommend this password to be a strong, reliable one
- Now, you can set up a username for your Gmail account. This username will also serve as a beginning for your email address. Once you have done that, you should tap on the “NEXT” button.
If you want to skip linking your Gmail account to your phone number, you must scroll this page down
- Right after that, you will be offered to create a password for your Gmail account. In order to do it, you should make up a reliable password and enter it in both fields of the next page. Then, tap on the “NEXT” button again.
You have to tap this button if you want to avoid adding your phone number
- Following it, you will be offered to link your Gmail account to your phone number. If you want to avoid it, you should scroll down till the very bottom of the page.
- At the bottom of that page, you should tap “Skip.”
Now, you can tap on this button and finalize the procedure of your Gmail account creation
- Now, you can finalize the entire Gmail sign up procedure by tapping on the “NEXT” button.
This way looks the inbox of your Gmail account, which has just been created
- Once you have done that, you will get to see your Gmail inbox. That means that you have just succeeded to set up an account on Gmail, and you can use it anytime.
Install or Update Your Gmail Mobile Application:
As it has been pointed above, the owners of Android devices have the Gmail app installed on their devices by default. This part of our guide, however, will be useful even for them, as it shows how to install and update the Gmail mobile application – both procedures are very similar.
You should tap on this search result and access the page of the Gmail mobile application
- First of all, you have to launch the market app – either Google Play or Apple Store – on your smartphone.
You can start updating your Gmail mobile app simply by tapping on this button
- Once you have done that, you should type “Gmail” in the search field of that app.
As you can see from this progress bar, the process of updating your Gmail app has just started
- Then, you can start by either installing or updating your mobile app. For that, you have to tap on either the “INSTALL” or “UPDATE” button.
The update is currently being installed onto your smartphone, and you will be able to launch it in a few moments
- In a moment, you will notice that there appeared a download progress bar, which is showing how the app download is going on.
If you wish to launch the Gmail mobile application, you can tap this button and do it right now
- Once you have got to see the “UNINSTALL” and “OPEN” buttons on that page, that means that the process of the app update/installation is finished. Now, you can launch the app simply by tapping on the “OPE” button.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Signing Up for Gmail:
Q: How do I create a new email address on Gmail
A: You can create a new Gmail email address simply by following the guidelines, provided on this page. As you could have learned from this guide, you can create a new Gmail account anywhere – regardless whether it is a personal computer or a mobile device.
Q: How do you create another Google account
A: If you already have an account with Google yet you want to create a new one, you still can do it. In order to do that, you should simply create a Google account as you would usually do (follow the guidelines from this guide), yet you have to select a different username at the stage of the username selection. This way, you will have two accounts on Google.
Q: Can I have two or more Gmail accounts
A: Even though Gmail does not endorse the users to have multiple accounts, you are still able to have two or more accounts on Gmail (read how to do it in the answer above).
Q: How do I create more than one Gmail account
A: As it was answered to the previous question, you can create more than one Gmail account simply by repeating this Gmail sign up procedure. Yet, keep in mind that you have to set different usernames for different Gmail accounts.
Q: How to create a YouTube account without Gmail
A: You are not able to create a YouTube account without having an account on Gmail. Having a Gmail account allows you to get access also to all other services of Google.
Q: How to create a Gmail account without a phone number
A: Gmail does not oblige the users to provide their phone numbers during the account creation process. Therefore, you can create a Gmail account without a phone number in a pretty easy and quick way, and you should follow the instructions of our guide for that purpose.