In order to prevent getting your account lost or hacked, you should make sure to manage Gmail password recovery options. It is a fairly simple task that won’t take more than 5 minutes of your time, and it comes especially easy with the help of our step-by-step guide.
You can manage Gmail password recovery options after completing the procedure of sign in
- The first thing you should do is to launch your browser and access the following website: http://www.google.com/.
Select an account of yours and move further
- In the right-upper corner of Google’s main page, you will notice the blue “Sign in” button. Click on it and complete the Gmail sign in procedure.
Provide the password and click on “Next”
- On the next page, you have to choose either one of your Gmail accounts or enter your email address. Click on “Next.”
Access the inbox of your Gmail account by clicking on this text button
- Type the password in the given field on the next page and click on “Next.”
After giving a click to the button of settings, you should also select “Settings” in this pop-up menu
- Once you have logged in to your Gmail account and got redirected to the main page of Google once again, click on “Gmail” at the top.
In the “Accounts and Import” section, you should click on “Change password recovery options”
- In the inbox of your Gmail account, you should click on the “Settings” button in a form of a cogwheel. Do so and select “Settings” in the dropdown menu.
This page allows you to manage Gmail password recovery options
- In the menu of settings at the top, you should click on “Accounts and Import.”
Here, you can turn on the 2-step verification or change the password
- In the first field (near “Change account settings”), you have to click on “Change password recovery options.”
In this section, you are able to manage Gmail password recovery options
- You will appear on the Google page where you can manage Gmail password recovery options. Scroll down a bit and you will see the fields where you can enable Gmail 2-step verification or change your Gmail password. You need to proceed below.
In order to manage recovery options, you should enter your password once again
- There, you will see the “Account recovery options” section. That’s exactly what you need. There are two ways of Gmail password recovery: via a recovery email and via a recovery phone number (via SMS or phone call). Click on “Recovery email,” for example.
This way, you can change your other email address
- Enter the password in the given field once again to prove your identity. Click on “Next.”
Enter a new email address and click on “Done”
- On the next page, click on the “Edit” button in a form of a pencil.
- Change your email address and click on “DONE.”
- Now, you will be able to recover your Gmail password with the help of a new email address. If you want to add/change the phone number, you need to click on “Recovery phone” and make the steps – though, you will have to confirm the phone number with the help of an SMS from Google.