If you have problems with accessing your Gmail account perhaps you need to recover Gmail password. Since Gmail has a reputation of one of the most secure and reliable provider of internet services, there is no doubt that you will face no difficulties in recovering the password.
The guidelines, published below, disclose you how to recover Gmail password step by step. Just follow them and you will regain control over the account.
In a case if you cannot log in to your Gmail account due to the lost password, you can start recovering your Gmail password right on your PC. The entire procedure is very simple, quick, and you will easily recover your password within minutes. Our guide provides you with clear and exact instructions on this matter, and you should let us know about your thoughts in the comments!
How to Recover Gmail Password Step by Step on PC:
Before you will get to recover Gmail password, click on this button
- First Step. In the first place, go to the main page of Google (http://www.google.com/).
- Second Step. Click on the blue “Sign in” button, located in the right-upper corner.
Choose the account where you need to recover Gmail password
- Third Step. Once you have done it, choose the account where you need to recover the password by simply clicking on the respective Gmail account.
In order to recover Gmail password, click on this text button
- Fourth Step. On the page where you usually log in, you need to click on “Need help”, placed below the “Sign in” button.
This can be one of the questions for a kick-start of the password recovery procedure, but let’s try another one
- Fifth Step. You will see a question that will kick start the procedure of password recovery. The first question must be about the last password you remember. Let’s suppose that you don’t remember even that. Then, you have to click on “Try a different question” at the bottom.
Here you have to provide the email address to which your Gmail account is linked
- Sixth Step. Then, you will be asked to enter the email address that is linked to your account. Type that email address in the given field and click on the “Next” button.
You will receive a verification code onto your email address and you have to enter that code in this field
- Seventh Step. Right after it, you will receive a 6-digit verification code onto your email address. Go to the inbox, find a letter from Google, open it, and copy the code. Paste the code into the field on the Google page and click on “Next.”
This is how the letter with the verification code looks like
- Eighth Step. Finally, you will reach the page where you have to set up a new password. Just compose a reliable, strong password and enter in both fields on that page. Once you are done with this matter, click on the blue “Change password” button.
Recover Gmail password by composing a new one
- Ninth Step. After it, you may be asked by Google to improve your security measures. If you don’t want to do so, click on the “Skip it” button. On the following page, click on the “Done” button. From this moment on, you are able to use your new password when logging in to Gmail.
Either improve your security (which is recommended), or skip it by clicking on this button
Click on the “Done” button and get to use your Gmail account
Recover Gmail Password on App Step by Step:
If you are away from PC, you can also recover your Gmail password by using the official Gmail mobile application. In fact, recovering your Gmail password on a smartphone tends to be not more difficult than doing so on a personal computer. Indeed, you should also have the official Gmail app installed onto your smartphone (read how to do it here). But all in all, follow these guidelines:
You can start the procedure of your Gmail password recovery by accessing the Gmail mobile application
- First of all, you should tap on the Gmail icon on your smartphone and access this mobile app.
In the first place, you have to start logging in to your Gmail account in this app
- Right after that, you will get to see the page of the app with all your email addresses there. At that point, you should tap on the “Add another email address” text button.
You have to enter your email address here and tap on the “NEXT” button in order to proceed further
- On the next page, you have to type your email address in the provided field and tap on the “NEXT” button.
You can start recovering your Gmail password by tapping on this text button
- On the following page, you can tap on the “Forgot password” text button and start recovering your password on Gmail.
You are able to tap on this button and send a verification code onto your mobile phone number
- Following it, you will be offered a way to recover your Gmail password: either by using your mobile phone number or by using an alternate email address (depends on what your Gmail account is linked to). At that point, you should tap on the “SEND” button and proceed further.
This way looks a verification code that you may receive onto your email address or mobile phone
- Right after that, you will get to see an SMS message with a verification code. Enter that verification code in the provided field (or it will be automatically entered there) and tap on the “NEXT” button again.
You can set up a new password for your Gmail account in these two fields
- On the next page, you can apply a new password to your Gmail account. There, you must make sure that your password is strong enough and contains small letters, capital letters, digits, and special symbols.
You can confirm the changes that you have made by tapping on this “NEXT” button
- Once you have come up with a password, type it in both fields on that page. Once you have done that, you should confirm that action by tapping on the “NEXT” button.
Now, you have just accessed your account on Gmail again
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the inbox of your Gmail account – this means that you have just succeeded to recover your Gmail password.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Gmail Password Recovery:
Q: How do I get my Gmail password when I forget it
A: Once you have forgotten a password of your Gmail account, you cannot simply retrieve it. Instead, you can only recover your password, which means resetting your current (old) password and setting up a new one.
Q: How do you recover a Gmail account
A: You can recover your Gmail password by using either your phone number or an alternate email address. If you don’t have access to any of these, you can do it by answering secret questions from Google. All in all, follow our guide for this purpose.
Q: How can I see my password in Gmail
A: Unfortunately, you are not able to retrieve your current (old) password in Gmail. Therefore, you cannot see your password in Gmail.
Q: How to recover Gmail password without phone number and recovery email
A: You can do it by answering security questions from Google. If you have failed to do it so far, then you should contact the customer support from Google and describe your issue directly to them.
Q: How to recover Gmail password without phone number
A: There are three ways how you can recover Gmail password without a phone number. First of all, you can recover it by using your alternate email address. Secondly, you can answer security questions from Gmail that would ask you about your account’s activity. Thirdly, you can contact the customer support of Gmail and describe your problem to them.
Q: How to recover Gmail password without any information
A: Unfortunately, this is not possible. You should have at least some information about the past activity of your Gmail account.
Q: How to recover Gmail account without password
A: Actually, the essence of the Gmail account recovery is that you don’t know password. Thus, if you need to do that, you should simply follow the instructions from our guide that are published above.