If you want to store all your emails and other information from your account on Gmail directly on your PC, you might have a need to install Gmail offline account. Basically, that is an app in Chrome, which enables you to do anything you want in your email without even having internet connection. You can even write an email, and the letter will be sent once you have got to have the internet connection – so you can be sure you won’t forget about it, as everything will happen automatically. If that sounds nice for you, follow the guidelines and set up a Gmail offline account.
At first, complete the process of signing in to your Gmail account
- Prior to setting up the offline client, you should go to the website of Google: http://www.google.com/.
Enter the login of yours and click on „Next“
- At the top, you will get to see the “Sign in” button. Click on it.
Provide the password and finish the procedure by clicking on “Next”
- You will be required to enter your email address and click on the “Next” button in the next window.
Access your inbox by clicking here
- Following it, you will be asked to provide your password. Click on “Next” again.
Open the window of settings by selecting this menu item
- After getting to see the Google’s main webpage, you should click on the “Gmail” text button at the top.
In order to set up Gmail offline account, go to Offline > Install Gmail Offline
- Once you have accessed your Gmail inbox, you should find the button of settings in the form of a cogwheel, placed in the right-upper corner. Click on it and trigger a pop-up menu, in which you should select “Settings.”
You can set up Gmail Offline Account only for your Chrome browser
- At the top of the settings window, you will get to see the sections of settings. Among them, you should click on “Offline.”
After installing the app, select it among other apps in your browser
- In that section, you will actually get to see only one text button – “Install Gmail Offline.” Click on it.
Access your Gmail offline account and select “Allow offline mail”
- That button will redirect you to the Chrome app. On its page, you need to click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
- Following it, click on “Yes, I want to install.”
Now, you can use your newly installed app for accessing Gmail offline
- After the app was installed, you need to open the page of your Chrome apps and click on the icon of Gmail offline.
- That will lead to the Gmail offline app, which will be immediately opened. Once you have accessed it, you will be asked whether you want to work with Gmail offline or not. Select “Allow offline mail” and click on the “Continue” button then.
- After doing so, you will get to see the inbox of your Gmail account. This way, you can access your newly installed Gmail app in the Chrome browser every time and work in Gmail while having no internet connection.