As it was pointed out in other articles in this section, there are myriads of useful features of Gmail, and one of the most important ones is the feature of Gmail signature
Indeed, setting up a signature allows you not simply provide your interlocutors with the information you need, but also popularize the brand of your company or product, make mailing to you more nice and appealing, etc. So, find out how to set up your own signature in the step-by-step guide, published right below.
If you want to set up a Gmail signature, you need to log in to your account first
- First of all, you need to open your browser and go to the website of Google: http://www.google.com/.
Entering your email address is the first step in the Gmail sign in procedure
- Once you have accessed the website, go to the Gmail/Google sign in form by clicking on the “Sign in” button, placed in the right-upper corner.
Enter your password and get finally logged in
- On the page of Google sign in, you have to enter your email address. Do it and click on the “Next” button.
In order to open Gmail, you need to choose this app in the list of Google apps
- Then, enter the password of your account and click on “Sign in.”
This way looks the icon of Gmail
- Immediately after that, you will get logged in to your Gmail account. However, you will see the main page of Google once again. At this point, you need to click on the button of Google apps (located to the left from the bell – i.e. notifications – button) in the right-upper corner. In the pop-up menu, find Gmail and give it a click.
Click on “Settings” for setting up a Gmail signature
- After you have accessed your Gmail account, you need to go click on the button in a shape of a cogwheel, placed under your profile image (have a look at the screenshot). Once you have done it, you will see a pop-up menu, where you have to select “Settings.”
You are able to set up a Gmail signature in your general settings
- After that, you will get to see the page of general settings of your account. Scroll down until you will find the signature field.
The signature can be set up in this way
- Once you have found it, place a tick near the signature – instead of “No signature.”
- In the given field, set up a signature you wish by using all available tools – various font sizes, styles and colors, images, links, etc.
Once you are done with creating a signature, you need to save the changes you have made
- After you have set up a signature, you need to save the settings. In order to do so, you have to scroll down to the very bottom and find the “Save Changes” button there. Once you have done that action, the users who’ll receive your letters will see the signature displayed.