Settings of Hotmail accounts are one of the key components in the process of configuring your Hotmail account.
In order to configure the settings of Hotmail accounts, you have to sign in to your Outlook account
Indeed, it may seem as not so important as arranging other settings – like the security and anti-spam settings – yet arranging these settings grants you more convenience and comfort. If you want to take advantage of those settings and get them arranged within a couple of minutes, make use of the step-by-step guide below by carefully sticking to each guideline. Good luck!
Enter the password and click on the “Sign in” button
- The first thing you should do is to open your browser and go to the following website: https://www.msn.com/.
- At the top, you will see a menu of Microsoft applications, and you have to choose Outlook.com out of those applications. Do it by giving a click.
For arranging the Hotmail accounts settings, you need to open a menu of options
- Once you have done so, you will get to see the Hotmail sign in page. Enter your email address (or phone number) and click on “Next.” Right after that, type the password in the next window and click on the “Sign in” button.
- After you have just accessed your account, go to the menu of settings by clicking on button, located to the right side from the bell button (in the right-upper part of your page). In the pop-up menu, click on “Options.”
Turn the feature of forwarding on and the letters you receive will be redirected to another email address as well
- In the menu that you will get to see on the right, you need to go to Accounts > Forwarding. The first step in arranging the settings of Hotmail accounts is switching the feature of forwarding on, if you need it, of course. This feature allows you to simply forward the letters from your actual Hotmail account to another email account of yours.
- In order to turn the feature on, you need to place a tick near “Start forwarding.” In the given field, enter the email address which will receive the letters. After all, place a tick near “Keep a copy of forwarded messages” if you want to receive those letters in your Hotmail account as well. Click on the “Save” button at the top.
You are able to connect your Hotmail account to other email addresses anytime
- Go to Accounts > Connected Accounts. There, you can add an account to your Hotmail account and receive letters solely by using the Hotmail account. In order to do so, click on “Gmail” or “Other email accounts”. In the next window, enter the email address, the password of that email, and opt whether to place the letters into the existing folders or create new ones. Click on “OK.” After a couple of minutes, all of the letters will be imported to your Hotmail account.