One of the serious advantages of Hotmail is a highly reliable security system. So even if your account has been hacked or you have lost a password, you can easily regain control over your Hotmail account. In order to recover Hotmail password, you need to follow the instructions, provided below.
Recover Hotmail Password on PC Step by Step:
- First Step. In the first place indeed, you have to enter the MSN’s website: https://www.msn.com/.
Outlook.com is the first application in the list of MSN apps
- Second Step. In the upper part of the page, you will see a menu with applications. Select Outlook.com out of that menu.
In order to recover Hotmail password, you need to enter your email address at first
- Third Step. Once you have got to see the main page of Hotmail, enter your email in the sign in form and click on “Next.”
Click on this text button in order to recover Hotmail password
You have to choose the reason why you are not able to access the account
- Fourth Step. Instead of providing your password (which, obviously, you do not know), click on the “Forgot my password” text button, placed below the “Back” and “Sign in” buttons.
- Fifth Step. In the next window, specify the reason why you cannot access your account and click on the “Next” button.
Specify your Hotmail account and click on this button after entering Captcha symbols
- Sixth Step. Then, you have to type your email address in the first field on the page. Below, enter the symbols from the Captcha code in the second field. After all, click on “Next.”
Choose the means of receiving the security code
- Seventh Step. On the following page, you will be able to specify the means of receiving the security code: either your mobile phone (SMS or call) or email address. Choose the one that suits you and type your email address (or phone number – depends on what option you have chosen) in the field below. Then, click on the “Send code” button.
Copy it into the field on the page of Hotmail
After copying the code, click on the “Next” button
- Eighth Step. Go to your email inbox (or phone SMS inbox) and find a letter from Microsoft. Copy the code from the letter into the Hotmail window and click on the “Next” button.
Enter your new password in both fields and click on “Next”
- Ninth Step. After it, you have to set up a new password. Make up a strong, reliable password, enter and reenter it in both fields, and click on the “Next” button.
After regaining the control over your account, you will such a message
- Tenth Step. Once you have done it, you will see a message that your account has just been recovered. Now, you can use your new password in order to log in to your Hotmail account. So, click on the “Next” button and you will appear on the main page of Hotmail. Use the newly set password for logging in to the system.
Recover Hotmail Password on iPhone or Android Phone:
Even if you are currently away from a PC or laptop, you can recover Hotmail password right on your smartphone. Actually, the easiest way of doing it is right in the official app of Hotmail, and you can learn how to install it in this guide. As you will learn from this guide, you can recover your Hotmail password on a mobile phone in a matter of several minutes. In order to do that quickly, you should just follow our steps. Don’t forget to leave your comments!
You can start recovering your Hotmail password on a smartphone by accessing the Outlook app in the first place
- In the first place, you should start the entire procedure by launching the Outlook app on your smartphone. For that, you should simply tap on the app icon.
You have to tap on this button in order to start signing in to your account on Hotmail
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the main page of the Outlook app. At that point, you should tap on the “GET STARTED” button and proceed further.
If you don’t wish to link any other accounts, you should tap this text button and proceed further
- Now, you should tap on the “SKIP” text button, which can be found in the right-bottom corner of the page.
You can type an email address in the given field and tap on this button
- Following it, you will get to see the page where you can start signing in to your Hotmail account. In order to do that, you should enter your email address in the provided field and tap on the “CONTINUE” text button.
If you wish to recover Hotmail password of yours, you have to tap on this button and start the entire recovery process
- Right after that, you will get to see the page where you will be asked to enter your Hotmail password and log in to your account. At that point, however, you should tap on the “Forgotten my password” text button, which can be found right under the “Password” field.
At this point, you should specify the reason why you want to recover your Hotmail password and tap this button
- Once you have done that, you should select a reason why you can’t access your account and tap on the “Next” button after it.
After entering the Captcha code in the given field, you have to tap here
- Following it, you will be asked by Microsoft to verify that you are not a robot. In order to do that, you should enter the Captcha code from the image in the provided field and tap on the “Next” button.
Now, you can choose how you want to get a security code – we recommend doing it via an SMS message
- Eventually, you will be offered to verify your identity on the next page. At that point, you should select how you want to get a verification code (for instance, through an SMS message) and tap on the “NEXT” button.
You will also be asked to enter a few digits from your mobile phone number to ensure that it belongs to you
- Then, you should type the last 4 digits of your phone number in the provided field and tap on “Send code” again.
This way looks an SMS message with a security code that you can use for recovering your password on Hotmail
- In a moment, you will receive an SMS message with a verification code onto your mobile phone number. You should copy that verification code and paste it in the provided field. Then, tap on the “Next” button.
Now, you have to enter the security code and tap on this button in order to recover Hotmail password
- Right after that, you will be redirected to the Hotmail page where you will be able to set up a new password for your Hotmail account. In order to do that, you should make up a reliable password for your account, which must include special symbols, digits, capital letters, and small letters.
This is the page where you can set up a new Hotmail password, which you will be using in the future
- Once you have come up with a good password, you should enter that password in the first and second field. Then, tap on the “Next” button and finalize this procedure.
Once you are done with entering a new password for your Hotmail account, tap on this button
- In a moment, you will get to see a page with a message that your Hotmail account has just been recovered. From that moment on, you will be able to access your Hotmail account using the newly set password.
As you can see from this image, the Hotmail password has just been recovered in a quick and easy way
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Hotmail Password Recovery:
Q: How can I recover my Hotmail password
A: You can recover your Hotmail password by following a fairly simple set of actions. All in all, we recommend you to follow the guidelines given in this article, as this article contains guides for the password recovery on both PC and laptop.
Q: How do I get my Hotmail password
A: If you want to retrieve your existing Hotmail password, we are sorry to say this, but you cannot do it. Retrieving a password is simply not possible on Hotmail, and you can only reset it and set up a new password.
Q: How do I find out what my Outlook password is
A: As it has just been pointed out in the previous answer, you cannot retrieve your current Outlook password. That means that you will have to reset the password of your Hotmail account and set up a new one.
Q: How to recover my Hotmail password without changing it
A: Unfortunately, you are not able to change a Hotmail password without a need to change it. Therefore, we can suggest you to follow our guidelines and set up a new password for your Hotmail account.
Q: How to recover Hotmail password without security question
A: If you want to recover a Hotmail account without security question, you can do it by using your phone number (as it was done in this guide).
Q: How to recover my Hotmail password on computer
A: The first part of our article contains exact instructions on how to recover your Hotmail password on a PC step by step. Therefore, you should simply follow those steps and get your password recovered with ease.
Q: How to reset my Hotmail password on iPhone or Android phone
A: The second part of our guide contains instructions with images on the Hotmail password recovery on a smartphone – these guidelines are same for Android and iPhone devices.
Q: How to recover Hotmail password without alternate email
A: If you wish to recover Hotmail password without a need to use an alternate email, you can do so by using your mobile phone number (as it has been completed in the second part of our guide).
Q: What should I do if I can’t recover my Hotmail password
A: First of all, make sure that you follow all necessary instructions and steps. Secondly, you have to ensure that you have access either to your email address or phone number. If you still can’t recover your Hotmail password, do it so in the mobile app.