Not so long ago, Instagram had announced its comment moderation feature. Even though it had not been known when the feature will be implemented, many of the observers and usual users of Instagram were in anticipation. Now, as the Instagram’s comment moderation feature is available, one has to understand how it works. This step-by-step guide will explain you Instagram’s new features as well as how they work, and you will be able to take advantage of these features for the sake of your comfort.
At first, you need to access Instagram’s sign in form by clicking on that text button
- In order to take advantage of the Instagram’s comment moderation feature, you need to access the following website first: https://www.instagram.com/.
- On Instagram’s website, you are likely to see the sign up form first. So, you need to click on the “Log in” text button, located right below the sign up form.
Provide your username (not email address!) as well as password and click on “Log in”
- Once you have got to see the sign in form, you need to enter your username (exactly username, not your email!) and password. Then, click on “Log in.”
Click on the icon of your Instagram profile in order to start editing it
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the feed of your Instagram, as well as some suggestions (pages) for you. Then, you will notice three buttons at the top of the page. You need to click on the button in a form of a profile. Do so.
- After you have got to see the page of your profile on Instagram, you need to click on a quite large “Edit Profile” button.
On your profile’s page, click on a large “Edit profile” button
- Following that action, you will get to see the page of your Instagram settings. On the left, there will be a menu of settings. You need to click on “Comments.”
In order to take advantage of Instagram’s comment moderation feature, you should access this section of the settings menu
- The page of “Comments” in the Instagram settings is exactly the page where you take advantage of the comment moderation feature. There are two ways of how this feature works. The first way is that you need to check the box near “Hide Inappropriate Comments.” Then, all comments with the words that are often being reported as offensive by other users will not be displayed to you.
After adding the words that you consider inappropriate, click on the “Submit” button
- Another way of using the feature of comments moderation is adding “Custom Keywords.” You can actually add certain words, and comments that contain those words will not be displayed. On the given image, you can see that there were added words like “fool”, “bastard”, and “idiot.” So, comments that contain any of those words will be hidden for that account.
- Once you are done with adding custom keywords, you should click on the blue “Submit” button, located at the bottom of this page.