You may take advantage of an ability to back up LINE chats, unless you want to lose all the chat history if something unexpected happens. This step-by-step guide will demonstrate you with images how to back up LINE chat history with ease and quickly. Once you have backed up the chat history of a particular LINE chat, it may be restored anytime. That implies that your chats are in safety if you have backed them up.
The first step you should make is to launch this messenger on your smartphone
- You should begin the entire procedure by launching this mobile application on your smartphone: you need just to tap on its icon.
Now, you need to select a chat that you want to back up in LINE
- After you have launched the application, you need to switch to the tab of chats at the top (the first tab).
In order to back up LINE chat history, you should tap on this button
- Then, you should select a chat that you want to back up. For that, you should tap on the chat.
You can back up LINE chat history by opening this menu of settings
- In the pop-up window, you should click on the “Chat” button.
Here, you need to tap on the “Chat settings” button in order to continue further
- Once you have accessed a chat you want to back up, you should tap on the button that is located in the right-upper corner of the screen (see the screenshot).
If you click on this chat setting, you will be able to back up LINE chat history
- After you have prompted a chat pop-up menu, you should click on the “Chat settings” among other options there.
You can select whether you want to back up all data or solely text messages
- The page that you have got to see is the place where you can back up a chat. There, you need to tap on the “Back up chat history.”
If you really want to back up the selected chat, you should give a click to this button
- After that, you will be asked what kind of data you want to back up: all data or only text messages. You should tap on the appropriate option.
- Following it, you should click on the “OK” button.
Once you have got to see such a notification, it means that you have just backed up LINE chat history
- Once you have done that, your chat history will be emailed to you. Once you have completed this procedure, that means that you are able to recover your chat history up to this moment.
- If you have lost your chat history and you are struggling to import the chat history that has been backed up, we recommend you to take advantage of this guide.