As our guide on how to create a LINE account shows, the majority of users tend to sign up for LINE using their mobile phone numbers. Yet, what to do if you have decided to replace or change a phone number Well, as this step-by-step guide will show you, you can easily change phone number in LINE. That implies that your current account will be linked to your new mobile number. So, if you wish to link your account to a new phone number, you should just follow these instructions.
In the first place, you should click on this icon and access the LINE app
- You should start the process by finding the LINE icon on your smartphone and tapping on it. That will launch the application.
You can click on this button of settings and proceed further in order to change phone number in LINE
- Then, you need to tap on the settings button, which is located in the right-upper corner. Do it.
You are able to change phone number in this section of the settings of your LINE account
- Once you have accessed the page of settings of your LINE account, you can tap on the “Account” section of the settings.
In order to change phone number in LINE, you need to tap on this button
- The first line in the “Account” section of settings is the “Phone number,” and you should tap on the “Change” button located next to it.
If you still wish to change phone number in LINE, you need to click on this button
- On the following page, you will be able to change your mobile phone number. There, you need to tap on the “Change phone number” again.
After you have specified your new mobile number, you need to tap on this button
- On the next page, you will be able to specify a new mobile phone number. In the first field, you should specify your country and the country code. In the next field, you should type a new mobile phone number. At the end, you should tap on the “Next” button.
Check your new mobile phone number and, if it is correct, tap on the “OK” button
- Once you have done that, you will get to see a notification to check the phone number. If the phone number you have just entered is correct, you should tap on the “OK” button.
You have to enter the confirmation code you have received onto your new phone number in the given field and tap on this button
- Then, you will receive an SMS message with a verification code. Type the verification code (consisting of 4 digits) in the given field and tap on the “Next” button.
As you can see, the phone number has been successfully changed
- Right after that, you will get to see a notification that your LINE account has been linked to a new mobile phone number.