LINE messenger can actually boast to have a variety of useful features its users are able to take advantage of. One of such features is an ability to delete chat history that you may not like. Or, you simply don’t want someone to see such a chat history. If such a chat history is needed for you but you want to hide it, you can actually back it up (read this guide) and, after that, delete it. This step-by-step guide shows how to delete chat history in LINE, and you need just to follow these instructions in order to clear history of a certain chat.
The first step of yours must be launching this messenger in the first place
- In the first place, you should find the LINE app icon on your smartphone and tap on it. That will launch the application.
You need to select a chat the history of which you want to delete
- Once you have done that, you will get to see a page with shops, keep, and other services of LINE. At the top of that page, you will see different tabs. You need to switch to the “Contacts” tab, which appears to be the first one.
If you want to delete chat history in LINE, you need to tap on this “Chat” button
- On the page of your LINE contacts, you should select a contact whose chat history (with you) should be deleted. You need to simply tap on that contact.
At this point, you need to trigger a menu of the settings of this chat
- In the following pop-up window, you have to tap on the “Chat” option and proceed further.
If you truly wish to delete chat history in LINE, you need to tap on this button
- In that chat, you will get to see different messages – those are the messages that you are going to delete. For that purpose, you should tap on the button placed in the right-upper corner.
Tapping on this line allows you to remove the current chat’s history completely
- In the chat menu that you have just prompted, you should tap on the “Chat settings” option.
- On the following page, you need to tap on the “Delete chat history” line.
If you have made up your mind regarding clearing the chat’s history, you need to tap on this button
- You will be asked a confirmation of the chat history deletion, and you need to tap on the “OK” button then.
Then, you will notice that the chat history has been completely cleared
- Right after that, you will get to see the same chat, but it will contain zero messages. The entire chat history with that contact has been deleted.
Besides, our website contains many more guides for the LINE messenger, and you can find all of those guides on this LINE messenger page.