There are different settings you can configure in the LINE messenger, and one of such sections of settings to be configured is the section of LINE photos and videos. It may be quite important for you, as it defines how you spend your mobile data or images of what quality you receive. This guide will show you how to manage LINE photos and videos settings step by step, so you can do it without much of an effort. Just follow the guidelines published on this page.
The first thing you should do is to tap on this icon and launch this application in the first place
- You should begin with launching the LINE application on your smartphone.
You need to access the page of settings in order to be able to manage LINE photos and videos settings
- After you have successfully accessed this mobile app, you will get to see the page with shops, Keep, payment services, etc. You need to tap on the button, which was placed in the right-upper corner.
You have to scroll down until you will find the “photos and videos” section
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the page of your LINE account’s settings. There, you need to scroll that page down until you will stumble upon the “Photos & videos” section.
Tap on this line if you want to manage LINE photos and videos settings
- When you have got to see the “Photos & videos” section of your account settings, tap on it immediately.
At this point of this page of settings, you can specify the quality of the images that you will receive
- Now, you have got to see the page where you can manage LINE photos and video settings. There are the following settings that you can adjust:
As you can see, the quality of images can also be selected as “High” (but it will consume more mobile data and storage)
Sent photo quality. You can select it to be low, standard, or high. The higher is the quality of the sent images, the higher will be mobile data consumption. That is the reason why this setting is low by default.
Auto-download images. You can check the box near this line in order to get the images in conversations downloaded automatically.
You opt to play videos automatically at this point of the settings page
Auto-play GIFs. GIF images are automatically played by default, yet you can uncheck the box near this line and disable the feature.
Auto-play videos. You can choose when to play videos automatically: never, on Wi-Fi only, or on mobile & Wi-Fi. By default, this setting is set to “on Wi-Fi only.”
You can also turn off the videos from auto-playing by tapping on “Never”
- Once you have configured this page of settings, you can return to the page of the general settings of your account.
Besides, you can also learn how to link your LINE account to an email address.