Perhaps, the privacy section of settings is the most important part of the settings that must be configured in any messenger. Obviously, the LINE messenger does not come as an exception then. This guide will demonstrate you how to manage LINE privacy settings step by step and without much of an effort. You should just stick to the instructions, provided in this article.
In order to start the procedure, you have to launch this messenger at first
- The first thing you should do is to tap on the LINE app icon and launch this application.
You can manage LINE privacy settings by accessing the page of the settings of your LINE account
- After you have got to see one of the pages of this app, you should tap on the settings button, which was placed in the right-upper corner of that page.
You need to tap on this line in order to start configuring your privacy settings
- Following it, you will get to see the page of the settings of your LINE account. The third line on that page must be “Privacy,” and you should tap on it.
This is the page where you can manage LINE privacy settings and enable passcode lock
- The following page is the one where you can actually manage LINE privacy settings. First of all, let’s look at the lines from second to fourth:
You can set up a passcode lock right on this page
Allow others to add me by ID. If you uncheck this option, the other users will not be able to find you by LINE ID.
Filter messages. You can enable this feature and the messages (sent by your friends) will be filtered.
Letter Sealing. This is an advanced encryption technique used for your messages, but you can disable it.
- Now, you can set up a passcode lock, which will prevent other users from viewing your messages and notifications. For that, you should tap on the box near “Passcode lock.”
Repeat a passcode lock in order to enable this feature
- Then, you will be asked to make up a passcode lock consisting of 4 digits. Do it in order to continue further.
As you can see, you will not be able to preview messages through notifications anymore
- Then, you will have to repeat the passcode lock you have just made up.
A new QR code can be generated if you click on this line
- After that, the passcode lock feature will be enabled, and you will get to see the notification about it.
If you are sure about generating a new contact QR code, tap on the “OK” button
- You can also generate a new QR code for your contact. Tap on the “Generate new QR code” line.
A new QR code has been generated, and you are actually able to view it
- After that, you should tap on the “OK” button.
This way looks a contact QR code in LINE
- You will get to see a notification that a new QR code has been generated. Then, you can send or show it to others and they will be able to add you to their friendlists with ease.
Other guides for the LINE messenger can be found on this page.