Netflix is one of the leading video streaming services and is characterized by a large quantity of high-quality TV series, movies, and TV shows. If you want to make sure once again that your account is safe and change Netflix password, it is a fairly simple and quick procedure that you can undertake anytime.
Apart from changing the password, you can resort to other security measures like changing the email address or linking the account to your phone number. In either case, you need to change Netflix password first, and you can do it without making much of an effort by following the guide, published below.
Change Netflix Password Step by Step on PC:
Prior to getting your Netflix password changed, login to the service
- First Step. At first, you have to launch your browser and copy the following link into its address line: https://www.netflix.com. Then, press the “Enter” button.
Here, you need to type your email and password in these fields
- Second Step. On the website of Netflix, find the button for logging in. It is a red button located in the right-upper corner of the page. Once you have spotted it, click on that button.
Once you have logged in to the system, click on the image of your profile on Netflix
- Third Step. On the next page, you will see a sign in form. There, you must log in to the system by using your email address and password from your Netflix account. If you want to be remembered on the device/PC you are using, leave a tick near “Remember me on this device.” Click on the large “Sign in” button.
You will see a pop-up menu opening under the image, and there you have to select “Your Account”
- Fourth Step. Then, you will get to see the page with movies/TV shows of Netflix, which is actually its main page. Now, you have to give a click on the image of your Netflix profile. Do so.
In the settings of your Netflix account, click on “Change Password”
- Fifth Step. Right after it, you will see a pop-up menu, opened below the profile image. There, find “Your Account” and click on it.
On this page, you are able to set up a new password
- Sixth Step. Now, you have got to see the page of settings of your Netflix account. On the right, there will be different text buttons like “Change email” (look at the screenshot), etc. Click on the second text button, which is the “Change password” button.
After all, you will see a notification that your Netflix password has been updated
- Seventh Step. On the next window, you will see three fields. In the first field, you need to enter your current password, though it must be automatically typed in. If it wasn’t automatically entered, then do it manually. In the following two fields, enter and reenter the new Netflix password of yours. Then, place a tick near “Require all devices…” if you want to log in to Netflix with all your devices by using only the newly set password. Click on the “Save” button. After this, you will see a notification that your password has been changed.
Change Netflix Password on iPhone or Android Device:
There may often occur situations when you might have a need to change Netflix password. For instance, changing your Netflix password from time to time may guard you from your account being hacked. But how can you really change your Netflix password if you are away from a PC or laptop
As a matter of fact, Netflix provides all its users with an opportunity to change their passwords not only on a PC, but also on smartphones. That can be completed in one of the following ways: you can change your Netflix password either on a mobile app of this company or simply in a mobile browser. Unfortunately, the Netflix app does not allow to take screenshots of it and that is the reason why we can provide the images of this procedure only from a mobile browser. Yet, you can be sure that both procedures are pretty similar.
If you wish to change Netflix password of yours, you can do it right after accessing your application of a mobile browser
- You can start the entire procedure of the password change simply by tapping on the icon of your mobile browser.
At this point, you can start typing the URL of the Netflix webpage in your browser and access it
- After you have launched a mobile browser on your smartphone, you should type the URL of Netflix (netflix.com) in the address line of it.
Before being able to change your Netflix password, you have to log in to your account on Netflix and, thus, you should tap on this text button
- Once you have got to see the main webpage of Netflix on your smartphone, you should tap on the “Sign In” text button, which can be found in the right-upper corner of that page.
You can start the procedure of signing in to your Netflix account on this page, as you have to log in to your account in order to change its password
- Following it, you will be reditected to the page where you will be able to sign in to your Netflix account. In order to do that, you should enter your email address in the first field of that form, your password in the next field of that form, and tap on the “Sign In” button.
If you wish to change your Netflix password, you have to tap on this button and call a dropdown menu
- Right after that, you will access your Netflix account. At that point, you should tap on the “Menu” button, which is displayed as three horizontal lines and can be found in the left-upper corner.
You should tap on this menu item in order to access the settings of your account on Netflix
- Following it, you will get to see a slide-in menu, placed on the right side of the screen. At that point, you should tap on the “Account” menu item.
You can start the procedure of changing your password on Netflix simply by tapping on this section of your Netflix account
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the page of your Netflix account’s settings. Then, you can actually start changing your password by tapping on the “Change password” text button.
Now, you can start changing your Netflix password by typing your old (current) password in this field
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the page where you can set up a new password for your Netflix account. At first, you should enter your current (old) password in the first field of that page.
These are the fields where you have to enter a new password for your Netflix account
- Then, you have to make up a password for your Netflix account. We recommend that this password must include digits, small letters, and capital letters.
You may uncheck this box if you don’t want to stop other sessions and force them to sign in with a new password
- Right after that, you should type that new password you came up with in the remaining two fields.
Now, you can finalize the procedure of the Netflix password change simply by tapping on this button
- You will also notice that there is the checked box near “Require all devices to…” As long as it remains checked, all the current sessions will be stopped after the password change. You can decide not to do it by unchecking that box.
As you can see from this notification, you have just succeeded to make changes to your current password on Netflix
- Now, you can actually finalize the procedure of the Netflix password change by tapping on the “Save” button.
- At the end, you will be redirected to the page of your Netflix account settings. There, you will get to see a notification that the password of your Netflix account has been changed. It implies that you will have to use this password every time you will try to log in to your Netflix account (and as long as you don’t change it).
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Password Change on Netflix:
Q: How to change Netflix password
A: As you can see from our guide, there is nothing difficult in changing your Netflix password. You need just to sign in to your account on Netflix, access the page of your account settings, start changing your password, and type your old and new password on that page. The guide published above contains exact and very clear step-by-step instructions with images.
Q: How do I reset my Netflix password
A: You need to reset (or, in other words, recover) your Netflix password in case if you don’t remember your current password on Netflix. If this is the case, we highly suggest you to stick to the instructions of this guide.
Q: How do you get someone off your Netflix account
A: If you don’t want someone who has a session with your Netflix account to use it currently, you can change your Netflix account. At the step of specifying a new password for your Netflix account, you should keep the box “Require all devices…” checked.
Q: What happens when you change Netflix password
A: Almost nothing, except that you will have to use a different password whenever you will be trying to log in to your Netflix account. Additionally, some of the sessions of your Netflix account may be suspended as well (read the answer above).
Q: How to change Netflix password on mobile
A: Our guide contains an extensive and pretty comprehensible guide on how to change Netflix password on a mobile phone. You should simply follow the instructions of that guide, and you will be able to do it in a matter of minutes.
Q: How to change Netflix password without email
A: You don’t need an email address for changing your password on Netflix.The email address is needed only for the recovery of your password, and you don’t need it as long as you remember your current password.
Q: What makes a reliable password for a Netflix account
A: We recommend that your Netflix password must be at least 8 symbols long and should include digits, small leters, and capital letters.
Q: How to change Netflix password on computer
A: There is nothing diffuclt in changing your Netflix password on a computer, and the first part of our guide demonstrates you how to do it step by step. You should simply follow the guidelines that you can find on this page.