Netflix is an extremely popular video streaming service with more than 86 million active users. Yet, sometimes it happens that one might have his/her password lost and thus be unable to access the Netflix account. Thankfully, Netflix has developed an incredible simple procedure for recover Netflix password, and you will not have to spend a large share of time and follow 100 steps in order to access the account.
In order to recover Netflix password, you need just to follow certain instructions that are published below. By doing so, you can be sure that you will access your account in one or two minutes.
💻 Recover Netflix Password on PC Step by Step:
Here, you have to get logged in to the Netflix
- First Step. Open your browser and go to the website of Netflix (its address is https://www.netflix.com/).
In order to recover Netflix password, you need to click on this text button
- Second Step. On the main page of this video streaming service, you will see a red “Sign in” button in the right-upper corner. Give it a click in order to recover Netflix password.
Choose the means of recovering the password, enter the email address or mobile number in the field below, and click on the large blue button
- Third Step. You will get to see the Netflix sign in form. Yet, you need to recover Netflix password and so you have to click on the “Forgot your email or password?” text button, colored in blue.
This kind of notification you get when Netflix has sent you a letter with instructions for setting up a new password
- Fourth Step. Immediately after you have done that action, you get to see the page of Netflix password recovery. There, you can choose the means of recovering the password: email, SMS, or phone call. Considering that the account used for creating this guide has not been linked to the phone number, there is only one option for this account (and maybe for you too): email. In any case, choose the suitable option, then enter the email (or phone number, if you have chosen to recover Netflix password via SMS or phone call), and click on the blue button.
Quite unusual, Netflix’s button for resetting the password is a text one
- Fifth Step. You will get a notification that the letter has been sent. So, go to your email inbox and find the letter sent by Netflix. Open it and click on the red “click here” text button (look at the screenshot).
Compose a new password for your Netflix account and save it then
- Sixth Step. You will get to see the page for resetting the password. All you have to do is to enter your new password in both fields. Also, you can place a tick near “Require all devices…”, if you want to get signed out from Netflix at your other devices. Click on the blue “Save” button.
Once you have got to see this message, you are able to use your new password for logging it to Netflix any time
- Seventh Step. After it, you will see a notification that you can use your new password for logging in to Netflix. Enjoy this video streaming service!
📱 Recover Netflix Password on iPhone or Android Device:
If you have encountered a problem that you cannot access your Netflix account, you should start the procedure of the Netflix account recovery. In fact, you can recover your Netflix password in quite a quick way – even if you need to recover your Netflix password on a smartphone.
As this guide of ours will show, there are two ways how you can recover your Netflix password on a smartphone: in a mobile application of Netflix and in a mobile browser. Unfortunately, Netflix doesn’t allow to take screenshots from its app, which prevented us to make a detailed guide within the app. But you can follow the instructions on how to recover your Netflix password in a mobile browser, since both procedures are quite similar. All in all, let us know your thoughts on this matter!
The first thing you should do is to tap on the icon of your browser and launch it
- In the first place, you should start either by launching the Netflix app on your smartphone (if you want to recover your password there) or by launching a mobile browser.
You also need to type the URL of the Netflix’s website in your mobile browser
- Once you have launched a mobile browser, you should enter the URL of Netflix (netflix.com) in the address line of it and tap to access it.
Before you will be able to recover your Netflix password, you should tap on this button and start the procedure of signing in to your Netflix account
- Following it, you will get to see the main page of Netflix. In the center of the screen, you will get to see an invitation to sign up for Netflix. Instead of doing it, you should tap on the “Sign In” button, which is located in the right-upper corner.
You need to tap on this text button if you want to recover your password on Netflix
- Right after that, you will access the page where you can sign in to your account on Netflix. At that point, however, you should tap on the “Forgot your email or password?” text button.
At this point, you should choose how you want to reset your password on Netflix
- Then, you will get to see different options of how you can reset your Netflix password. At that point, you should select a way of how you want to reset it (for instance, let’s choose “Email”).
After you have entered your email address in this field, you should tap on this button and proceed with the recovery procedure
- After that, you should enter an email address or phone number that is linked to your Netflix account in the provided field. Then, tap on the “Email Me” button.
This notification shows that an email letter with a recovery key has been sent to your email address, and you can check your inbox
- Eventually, you will get to see a notification that you have received a recovery email letter in your inbox.
You should tap on this button if you want to reset your password on Netflix and, after all, access your account
- Go to your email inbox and find a letter from Netflix. In that letter, you should tap on the “RESET PASSWORD” button in order to recover Netflix password.
Once you have made up a new password for your Netflix account, you must type that password in these two fields
- Following it, you will be redirected to the page where you will be able to set up a new password for your account on Netflix.
You can check this box in order to let all the devices log out of your Netflix account
- Now, you have to make up a reliable password for your account on Netflix. We recommend this password to include digits, small letters, and capital letters.
Now, you can confirm the changes you have made to your Netflix password by tapping on this button
- Once you have come up with a good password for your Netflix account, you should enter it in both fields on that page.
- Then, you can also choose to stop all Netflix sessions with your account. For that, you should check the box near “Require all devices to sign in again with new password.”
This notification shows that your password on Netflix has been updated, which means that you will be able to access your account only with a new password
- Eventually, you can finalize the Netflix password recovery procedure by tapping on the “Save” button.
- Right after that, you will get to see a notification that your Netflix password has been changed. From that moment on, you will have to use this new password in order to access your account in this service.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Netflix Password Recovery:
Q: How can I recover my Netflix password?
A: As our guide showed step by step, you can recover your Netflix password by following a certain set of actions: identifying your account by typing its email, choosing the method of the password recovery, resetting the password and setting up a new password for your Netflix account. Right after that, you will be able to log in to your account using a new password. All in all, our guide shows in detail how to do it.
Q: How to recover Netflix password without email?
A: Actually, Netflix offers several other ways of the password recovery except of email address. If your Netflix account is linked to a mobile phone number, you can recover your account by receiving a verification code either via an SMS message or as a call number.
Q: How do I recover my Netflix username and password?
A: You can recover both your username and password on Netflix by using your mobile phone number. Keep in mind that, in such a case, your Netflix account must be linked to that mobile phone number.
Q: How to recover lost Netflix password without email verification?
A: As it has been pointed out in an answer above, there are other ways to recover your Netflix password than doing so via an email. You can also receive a verification code either as an SMS message or via a phone call.
Q: Can I retrieve my current Netflix password without resetting it?
A: Unfortunately, you are not able to get to know the current password of your Netflix account if you don’t remember it. In such a case, you must start the recovery procedure and reset your password, which means that you will be able to apply a new password to your Netflix account.
Q: What should I do if someone else has access to my Netflix account (and I don’t want it)?
A: In such a situation, you may opt to start the Netflix account recovery procedure. At the moment of setting up a new password for your account, you should check the box near “Require all devices…” Right after applying a new password, all the existing Netflix sessions will be stopped.
Q: How can I regain access over my Netflix account if someone has changed the password?
A: In order to get your Netflix account back, you should use either your email address or mobile phone number. As long as you will have access over these two things linked to your Netflix account, you can follow our guidelines and recover your password on Netflix.