Change PayPal Password on a PC Step By Step:
You need to change PayPal password from time to time in order to ensure that your account with the funds remains in safety. Besides, sometimes you may also have an “unexpected” need to change the password of your PayPal account. This guide will actually demonstrate that changing a password on PayPal tends to be quite a simple procedure, and you have just to follow the instructions that are published on this page. Enjoy!
Prior to getting to change PayPal password, you have to sign in to your PayPal account in the first place
- In the first place, you have to open the browser of yours and copy the following URL into its address line: https://www.paypal.com/. Then, you have to press the “Enter” button.
After filling those two fields, you have to click on this button
- After you have done that, you should click on the “Log in” button, which can be found in the right-upper corner of the page.
You can click on this “Settings” button and start the procedure of changing your password on PayPal
- Now, you have to log in to your PayPal account. On that page, you have to enter your email address and password in the given sign in form. Then, you have to click on the “Log In” button.
If you wish to change PayPal password, you can do it on the security page of your PayPal account’s settings
- After doing so, you need to access the page of your PayPal account’s settings. For that, you should click on the “Settings” button, which can be found in the right-upper corner.
You have to click on this text button in order to change PayPal password
- Once you have entered the page of your PayPal account’s settings, you can proceed further and change PayPal password by going to the security section of the settings.
After you have entered your old and new passwords in the given field, you have to click on this button and eventually change the password
- On the page of your PayPal account’s security settings, you have to click on the “Edit” text button, placed in the “Password” section.
- Following it, you have to enter your current password in the first field. Then, you need to make up a strong and reliable password for your PayPal account. Enter that reliable password in the remaining two fields on that page. Eventually, you should click on the “Change Password” button.
At the end, you will get to see such a notification, and this implies that you have just updated your PayPal password
- Once you have done that, you will get to see a notification that your password has successfully been changed. Now, you will have to use your newly set password each time you will attempt logging in to your PayPal account.
Besides, our website can also help you to learn how to sign in to your PayPal account.
Change PayPal Password on iPhone or Android Phone:
At least from time to time, you should change PayPal password of yours for the sake of a greater security. But there may be numerous situations when you will have a need to undergo this procedure. And even if you don’t have an access to a PC or laptop currently, you can change the PayPal password right on your mobile device. Even though the easiest way of doing it is right in the mobile app of this company, we will show you how to change PayPal password in a mobile browser. Also, don’t forget to post your thoughts about it in the comments!
In order to start the procedure of the PayPal password change, you should access either the app or your mobile browser
- In the first place, you should find the icon of a mobile browser on your smartphone and launch it by tapping (alternatively, you can launch the PayPal mobile app).
As it was pointed out, you can change the password of your PayPal account in a mobile browser
- Once you have launched the mobile app, you should access the following website: paypal.com/.
- Right after that, you will get to see the main page of PayPal, where you have to tap on the “Log In” button – it can be found in the right-upper corner.
Before you will able to change your PayPal password, you must start the process of logging in to your PayPal account
- Following it, you will be redirected to the page where you sign in to your PayPal account. In order to do that, you should enter your email address and password. Then, tap on the “Log in” button.
You need to tap on this button in order to sign in to your account on PayPal
- Right after that, you will get to see the page of your PayPal account in the mobile browser. At that point, you should tap on the “Menu” button, which can be found in the left-upper corner.
After calling a menu of settings by tapping on this button, you will be able to change password on PayPal
- Once you have done that, you will get to see a pop-up menu. In that menu, you should tap on the “Settings” button, which can be found to the right side from the “Log Out” text button (at the top).
You have to tap on this button in order to access your PayPal account settings
- After you have accessed the page of your PayPal account’s settings, you should tap on the “SECURITY” section at the top.
You will be able to change your PayPal password after opening the page of your account’s security settings
- Then, you will get to see a page where you can edit security settings of your PayPal account. The first field of those settings will be the “Password” field, and you should simply tap on it.
You should tap on this section in order to start changing your PayPal password
- Now, you have just got to see the page where you can change PayPal password. At first, you should enter your current password of the PayPal account in the first field.
You have to enter your present password in this field, and this will enable you to change it
- Right after that, you should make up a new and reliable password for your account on PayPal. We recommend that this password must include special symbols, digits, small letters, and capital letters.
Now, you are able to apply a new password to your PayPal account by specifying it in these fields
- Once you have come up with a solid password for your PayPal account, you can finalize the procedure by tapping on the “Change Password” button.
Once you have completed the PayPal password change form, you may opt to tap on this button and update your password
- Immediately after that, you will get to see a message that your account on PayPal has been changed. From that moment on, you will have to use the newly set password for signing in to your PayPal account every time (as long as this password remains active and valid).
After you have got to see such a notification, it means that your password has just been updated
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About PayPal Password Change:
Q: How do I change my password on PayPal
A: There is no need to address this question. You can see in our guide, which is published above, how to change PayPal password step by step. As you can see, you can recover your PayPal password from both mobile devices and PC, and we have provided guides for PayPal password recovery on both PC and smartphones.
Q: Should I know my current password in order to change it
A: Absolutely. You have to know your current PayPal password before you will try to change it. If you don’t know the current password of your PayPal account, we recommend you to start the PayPal password recovery process.
Q: How to change PayPal password without phone number
A: The procedure of changing the PayPal password does not require a phone number. In other words, you can change your PayPal password without having access to the mobile phone, linked to your PayPal account. In the case if you are required to enter a mobile phone number for changing your PayPal password, that’s called not changing but recovery (and you can view how to do it in another guide on our website).
Q: Why is PayPal asking me to change my password
A: PayPal asks the users to change their passwords from time to time, as the company believes that it guarantees a better security of accounts. We also recommend you to stick to this recommendation and change your PayPal password from time to time (at least once per two months).
Q: How can I change my PayPal password on a smartphone
A: There are two ways how you can change your PayPal password on a smartphone: either in a mobile app or in a mobile browser. You should simply follow the instructions of the second part of our article, and you will learn then how to do on your smartphone in a quick way.
Q: What to do if I forgot my password for PayPal and changed my phone number
A: Then, you can try to recover your PayPal password by doing so via an email address, linked to your PayPal account. If PayPal persists that you must also verify that it’s you with an old mobile phone number, then you must contact the PayPal customer support and describe your issue.
Q: How to change your PayPal password within the app
A: You can change your PayPal password in the official mobile app of this company in a pretty quick and easy way. Actually, the entire process looks similar to what has been described in the second part of our article, yet you just don’t have to access the PayPal website.
Q: Where to go in PayPal to change your password
A: As you can see from our guide, you must access the page of your PayPal account’s settings. Then, go to the section of the security settings of your PayPal account and tap to “Change Password.” Now, you can change the password of your PayPal account.
Q: How do I contact PayPal to change information when I do not have a password
A: You can contact the PayPal customer service by making use of this page.