If you have got to use the service of PayPal, you need to make sure that you have taken all necessary measures in order to keep your PayPal account safe. This guide will demonstrate you how to enhance PayPal account security with ease and step by step. That will ensure the safety of your account on PayPal as much as possible.
The first thing you should do on PayPal is to log in to your account
- In the first place, you have to open your browser and go the following webpage: https://www.paypal.com/.
You need to complete the specified sign in form and click on the “Log in” button
- After you have done, you should have a look at the right-upper corner of that page and click on the “Log In” button that is placed there.
You can enhance PayPal account security on the page of your account’s settings
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the PayPal sign in form you have to complete. You need to enter your email address and password in the first and second field of that form respectively. Then, you have to click on the “Log In” button.
At this point, you have to access the security settings page of your account
- After you have accessed the page of your PayPal account, you should draw your attention to the right-upper corner and find the “Settings” button there. Click on that button.
You should click on this text button in order to set up additional security questions for your account
- Following it, you need to select “Security” in the top menu of the settings on your account’s settings page.
This way looks a set of actions that you can choose for your account
- Now, you have just got to see the page where you can enhance PayPal account security. First of all, you should click on the “Create” text button in the “Security questions.”
Once you have specified the questions and answers, you have to click on this button
- After doing so, you should select two questions and type two answers to those questions. Once you are done with that, you should click on the “Save” button.
You are also able to configure a customer service PIN, which allows you to enhance PayPal account security (because no one else will be able to contact customer support)
- Then, you can also add a customer service PIN – that will ensure that no one else will be able to contact the customer support. You should click on the “Edit” button there.
This page allows you to add a customer support PIN
- On the following page, you should add a 6-digit PIN by typing in both fields. Then, you have to click on the “Add or change PIN” button.
You are also able to view what permissions you have given in the past
- You can also observe the permissions you have given by clicking on the “Edit” button in the respective section (see the last screenshot).