Recover PayPal Password on PC Step by Step:
There may always occur a situation when you are forced to recover PayPal password. As our article will demonstrate on this page, the entire PayPal password recovery procedure is pretty simple and quick. At this point of our guide, we will show you how to recover PayPal password on a personal computer or laptop. Let us know your thoughts about it in the comments to this article!
The first step in your PayPal account recovery is accessing the website of PayPal and trying to log in to your account
- The first thing you should do is to launch your browser and type the following URL into its address line: https://www.paypal.com/. Hit the “Enter” button.
You should click on this text button if you can’t access your PayPal account
- Once you have accessed the main webpage of PayPal, you should click on the “Log In” button, which can be found in the right-upper corner.
You can start the recovery procedure by typing your email address in the given field and click on this button
- Right after that, you will get to see the page where you will be able to start logging in to your PayPal account. Instead of doing it, however, you should click on the “Having trouble logging in” text button, which can be found right below the blue “Next” button.
You will be asked to enter a Captcha code like this, and, once you have done it, you should click on this button
- On the next page, you have to type your email address in the provided field and click on “Next.”
You can click on this button in order to verify that you are not a robot
- Then, you will be asked to verify that you are not a robot. Type your Captcha code in the provided field and click on the “Continue” button.
At this point, you should choose an option how you want to receive a recovery code
- On the following page, you should check the box near “I’m not a robot” in order to proceed further.
- Right after that, you will see different options how you can verify your account ownership. For instance, choose to receive an email and click on the “Next” button.
This notification shows that your password on PayPal has just been reset and contains a recovery code
- Once you have done that, you should go to your email inbox and find a letter from PayPal. Copy the verification code that you have received in that letter.
- Immediately after that, paste that code into the field of the recovery form and click on the “Continue” button.
Once you are done with typing a recovery code in the provided field, you should tap on the “Continue” button
- After you have done that, you will be redirected to the page where you will be able to set up a new PayPal password. Just make up a strong password for your account and enter it in both fields on that page. Right after that, you should click on the “Next” button.
- Following it, your password on PayPal will immediately be changed to a new one and you will be able to access your account.
Recover PayPal Password on a Smartphone Step by Step:
If you have lost control over your PayPal account and you are currently somewhere far now, you shouldn’t delay to recover your PayPal password. In fact, you can recover your PayPal password even on a smartphone – either in the official mobile app or in a mobile browser. Even though we will demonstrate you in this guide how to recover PayPal account in a mobile browser, both procedures tend to be almost identical.
One of the easiest way of recovering a PayPal password on a smartphone is doing so via the official PayPal app
- Start the entire procedure by finding the icon of a mobile browser on your smartphone and tapping on it.
You can also access the mobile browser app on your smartphone in order to start recovering your PayPal password
- Then, you should type the URL of PayPal in its address line (paypal.com) and tap to enter it.
You have to tap on this button in order to start logging in to your PayPal account
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the main webpage of PayPal. At that point, you should tap on the “Log In” button, situated in the right-upper corner.
This page allows you to start recovering your PayPal password simply by tapping on this text button
- On the next page that you have just got to see, you should tap on “Having trouble logging in”
After entering your email address in the provided field, you can tap on this button and start recovering your PayPal password
- Following it, you should enter your email address in the field on the next page and tap on “Next.”
Once you have entered the Captcha code in the provided field, you should tap on this button and proceed further
- Then, enter the Captcha code from the image in the field and tap on “Continue.”
You will be asked to verify that you are not a robot by tapping this button
- Following it, you should tap the “I’m not a robot” button and proceed further.
Now, you have to choose the PayPal password recovery method and tap this button
- On the next page, you will be asked to choose the method of the password recovery. Do it and tap on the “Next” button.
You will have to use this code for recovering your account on PayPal
- Once you have received a verification code, copy it.
After you have entered the recovery code in the provided field, you should tap on this button
- Paste the code into the field of the recovery page and tap “Continue.”
Additionally, PayPal will ask you to verify your identity with the help of your mobile phone number as well
- It is likely that PayPal will want you to verify your phone number. Choose to verify with your phone number and tap “Next.”
You should enter a code that you have received onto your mobile phone in this field and tap here
- Enter another verification code in the provided field and tap “Continue.”
Now, you are able to set up a new password for your PayPal account by entering it in these two fields
- Now, you can finally set up a reliable password for your PayPal account. Make up a strong password for your PayPal account and type in both fields on the next page.
From this moment on, you will be able to access your PayPal account by using a newly set password
- Once you have completed that simple form, tap on the “Save” button. Right after that, you will get to see a notification that your PayPal password has been changed.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About PayPal Password Recovery:
Q: How to recover PayPal password without phone number
A: The chances are that PayPal will ask you to verify your account ownership with a phone number. If you don’t have access to your phone number currently, try to contact the PayPal customer support and describe your issue to them.
Q: Can I recover my PayPal password without resetting it
A: Unfortunately, you cannot recover a PayPal password without resetting it. You have to reset your password on PayPal and set up a new one.
Q: How can I retrieve my password on PayPal
A: There is no way how you can retrieve your PayPal password.
Q: What are the requirements for a PayPal password
A: The requirements for a PayPal password is that it must have both digits and letters and contain at least 8 symbols. However, we recommend your PayPal password to be more than 10 symbols long and include special symbols, capital letters, small letters, and digits.
Q: How can I reset my password on PayPal
A: Please, follow the instructions of our guide, which show you how to reset your PayPal password on both PC and smartphone.