In order to ensure the safety of your Pinterest account, we recommend you to enable Pinterest 2-step verification. It implies that you will be asked to enter an SMS verification code each time you will try to log in to your Pinterest account, and this highly improves the security of your account. You need to follow the guidelines below in order to enable Pinterest 2-step verification.
You can sign in to your Pinterest account right on this page
- You should start the procedure by launching your browser and going to the following website: https://www.pinterest.com/.
If you wish to enable Pinterest 2-step verification, you need to click on this icon and prompt a pop-up menu
- On that website, you will see the sign up form placed in the center. You need to click on the “Log in” button, placed on the right side.
In this menu, you should select “Edit settings” among other options and access the page of setting of your Pinterest profile
- Then, you have to enter your email address in the first field and password in the second field. Click on the “Continue” button.
You can enable Pinterest 2-step verification on the security settings page
- After it, you need to click on the button that is located in the right-upper corner of the page.
If you still wish to enable Pinterest 2-step verification, you should give a click to this button
- In the menu that you have just opened, you need to click on the “Edit settings” option.
- Following it, you will get to see the page of the your account’s settings. On the left, you will get to see a menu, in which you have to select “Security.”
You need to type your password in the given field and click on the specified button in order to proceed further
- Then, you should click on the button placed next to “Require code at login.”
Here, you need to specify your country code and phone number if you want to move on
- After it, you will have to enter your password once again and click on the “Next” button.
After you have received a verification code onto your mobile number, you should enter it here and proceed further
- Following it, you will have to specify your country code and enter your mobile number. Then, click on the “Next” button.
This backup code will be needed if you lose access to your mobile phone – write this code down somewhere
- After doing so, you will receive an SMS message with a verification code. You have to enter that verification code in the provided field and click on the “Verify” button.
- Note done the backup code that will be needed in case if you lose access over your mobile phone.
After enabling the 2-step verification, you shouldn’t forget to save your settings
- Eventually, you will be able to click on the “Save settings” button. That implies that you have just enabled a 2-step verification feature on Pinterest.
You can also find out how to create a Pinterest account.