There always may happen a situation when you lose control over an account in a certain social network. If it really happened to you with your Pinterest account and you need to recover password on Pinterest, you really shouldn’t worry about it. The entire procedure of the Pinterest password recovery is quite easy and does not require much time from your side. This guide will show you how to recover password on Pinterest step by step, and you have to follow the guidelines, published on this page.
💻 Recover Pinterest Password on PC Step by Step:
- In the first place, you have to launch the browser and copy the following URL into its address line: https://www.pinterest.com/. Then, you should hit the “Enter” button.
If you are seeking to recover password on Pinterest, you should click on this text button in the first place
- Once you have got to see the main page of Pinterest, you will get to see its sign up form in the center. You have to draw your attention to the right side of the screen, find the “Log in” button, and click on it.
You need to find your account by typing your email address here
- Following it, you will get to see the sign in form. At this point, however, you need to click on the “Forgot your password?” text button, placed beneath the Google button.
This notification shows that a recovery letter has been sent to your email address
- On the following page, you will be asked to provide your email address. Enter your email address in the given field and click on the “Send a password reset email” button.
Once you have received an email letter with a recovery link, you should click on such a huge red button
- Right after that, you will notice a notification that a recovery email has been sent to your email address.
This page actually allows you to recover password on Pinterest and set up a new password for your Pinterest account
- Now, you need to go to the inbox of your email address and find the a letter from Pinterest. Open that letter and click on the “Reset password” button, which is inserted in that letter.
At the end, you will get a notification that your password has successfully been changed
- After doing so, you will be redirected to the page where you can create a new Pinterest password. At this point, you need to create a reliable and strong password for your account. Once you have made up such a password, you should enter it in both fields on that page. At the end, you will have to click on the “Change Password” button.
Now, you can sign in to your Pinterest account using your newly set up password
- Eventually, you will get a notification that your password has been changed. Now, you can return to the log in form and sign in to your account using a new password.
📱 Recover Your Pinterest Password on iPhone or Android Phone:
What is really good about Pinterest is that you can conveniently recover your Pinterest password on a smartphone – not only on a PC or laptop. But for the sake of convenience, we recommend you to install the Pinterest mobile app onto your smartphone (learn how to do it here). Indeed, you can also do it in a mobile browser, but recovering your password in the mobile app is far more convenient. Let us know your thoughts in the comments to this guide ?!
Prior to starting the Pinterest password recovery procedure, you should tap on this icon and launch the mobile app
- In the first place, you can start the entire process by finding the Pinterest app icon on your smartphone and tapping on it.
You need to enter your username or email address and start signing in to your account
- After you have launched that mobile application, you need to start logging in to your Pinterest account. For that, you have to enter your email address in the field, which is placed in the center. Then, you have to tap the “Continue” button.
Once you have entered your email address, you can tap on this text button and start the password recovery process
- Following it, you will get to see a page where you will be asked to type your password. Instead of doing it, you should tap on the “Forgotten password?” text button, which can be found at the bottom of the page (right above the “Log in” button).
If you haven’t received an email letter with the recovery instructions, you should tap on this button in order to resend it
- Immediately after that, you will notice a notification that a recovery letter has been sent to your email address.
- If you haven’t received an email letter, you may tap on the “Tap here to resend it” text button (look at the image).
Now, you can go to your email inbox and check whether the letter has been sent
- Once you have received the recovery letter, open it and tap on the “Reset password” button, which is embedded there.
You can start resetting your Pinterest password by by tapping on this button
- Following it, you will be redirected to the page where you will be able to set up a new password for your account on Pinterest.
This is the place where you should start entering a new password that you want to apply to your Pinterest account
- Now, you have to think about a strong, solid password for your Pinterest account. We recommend you to include special symbols, capital letters, small letters and digits in this password – this will make your account much safer.
You need to enter a new Pinterest password twice and so it must be entered in this field too
- Once you have made up a new password for your Pinterest account, you should enter it in the first field on the next page.
- Following it, you must confirm that password by entering it in the second field as well.
Once you are done with configuring a new password for your account, you can tap on this button
- After you have done those actions, you can confirm the changes to your Pinterest password by tapping on the “Change Password” button.
Eventually, you will be able to log in to your Pinterest account using the password that you have just recovered
- After doing so, you will get to see the Pinterest sign in form – now, you will be able to log in to your account using the password that just has been recovered. From that very moment on, you will have to use this password for signing in to your account (unless you change or recover it again).
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Pinterest Password Recovery:
Q: When should I consider starting the procedure of Pinterest password recovery?
A: If one has to reply shortly, then it may sound something like the following: you have to recover your Pinterest password almost in any situation when you cannot log in to your account in this social network. The most common situations when you may need to recover your password on Pinterest include losing/forgetting your password or your account getting hacked.
Q: Are there any requirements for the recovery of my Pinterest password?
A: In order to be able to recover your Pinterest password, you must have access either to your email address or to your phone number, which are linked to your Pinterest account. Without having access to these, you will not be able to recover your Pinterest password in a manual way, in accordance with our instructions. In such a case, you will have to contact the Pinterest customer support.
Q: How can I recover my Pinterest password?
A: You can recover your Pinterest password either on your PC/laptop or on your smartphone. We have provided exact guides for both options, and you can recover your password on Pinterest simply by following those instructions step by step.
Q: I have followed all your guidelines, but I fail to recover my password every time. What should I do?
A: There are a few things you can do in such a situation. In the first place, you have to make sure that you have not missed any important detail. If you think that you have done everything according to our instructions and you still face an error, you might consider to explain your issue to the Pinterest customer support. After all, you can also try to describe your problem to us and we will do our best to find a solution for you!
Q: Can I recover my Pinterest password without resetting it?
A: Unfortunately, you are not able to recover your Pinterest password without having to reset it. The recovery procedure of your Pinterest password necessarily includes its reset, and there is no way you can avoid it.
Q: How can I get to know my current password on Pinterest?
A: Pinterest does not offer any way of finding out your current password. Therefore, you should simply reset your password and apply a new one to your account if you have forgotten your old one.
Q: What are the requirements for my Pinterest password?
A: The requirements for a Pinterest password are quite low, and the users can actually create really too weak passwords. In order to be able to apply a password to your Pinterest account, it must be just longer than 6 symbols – regardless of the presence of letters, digits and special symbols. That means that your password might include, for instance, only 6 digits and nothing else.
Q: How can I make a strong password for my Pinterest account?
A: As you could read in the previous answer, Pinterest allows the users to create fairly weak passwords. But having such a Pinterest password leaves your account highly vulnerable. That is the reason why we recommend your password to be a combination of digits, small letters, capital letters, and special symbols.
Q: How can I recover my Pinterest password if I had signed up with Facebook?
A: In such a case, you can log in to your Pinterest account using your Facebook account – you need to be logged in to your Facebook account for that. If you can’t access your Facebook account (and, thus, your Pinterest account too), you have to recover your Facebook password (read how to do it here).
Q: Can I recover my Pinterest password without having access to my email address?
A: Yes, you can do it if your Pinterest is linked to your mobile phone number. In such a case, you will receive a verification code onto your mobile phone number, which allows you to reset your Pinterest password.
Besides, you can find more guides for this social network on the Pinterest page.