If you have recently changed your email address (which was also linked to a variety of messengers), that’s not a problem. For instance, you can easily link your Skype account to your new email address, so you will not be worried about a possibility of losing control over your Skype account. This guide will demonstrate you how to change email address in Skype step by step, as it really does not tend to be a difficult matter. You have just to follow our guidelines.
Before you will change email address in Skype, you should actually launch this application
- First of all, you should launch the Skype application on your smartphone by tapping on its icon.
You need to click on this profile photo icon in order to change email address in Skype
- Following it, you will access the Skype app. You will get to see the page of chats there, but you will have to tap on the profile photo icon, which is displayed at the top.
If you want to alter your email address in Skype, you need to tap on this line
- Once you have done that, you will access the page of the settings of your Skype account. In the second field of that page, you will get to see such an option like “Email address,” which must feature your current (old) email address. Tap on that option.
You should tap on the “Edit” option in order to change the email address
- In the pop-up window that has just appeared, you have to tap on the “Edit” option.
You will find the email line a bit below
- Right after that, you will get to see the page with the information about yourself. There, you should scroll down until you will see the “email address” section.
In this section, you can actually add or change email address in Skype
- Once you have got to see the “email address” section, you should tap on the “Add email address” text button there.
You need to type your new email address in the given field
- After you have done that, you will get to see a field where you will be able to add an email address. Type your new email address in that field.
Now, you need to click on this button in order to save the changes you have made
- Following it, you should scroll down a little bit and tap on the “Save changes” button.
This notification (the one at the top) shows that you have just changed your email address in Skype
- You will notice a notification that your Skype profile has been updated. Additionally, you will also notice that your new email address has become a primary email address for this account. From that moment on, you will be able to use your new email address for logging in to your Skype account.
If you still haven’t joined Skype, you can get to know how to do it here.