One of the things you should definitely know about Skype is how to change your status in this messenger. Actually, there are can be recognized two types of statuses: your current status (busy, available, and invisible) and your status message (you can write anything you want in that message). This guide will show you how to change status in Skype (both types of statuses) step by step. As you will see, there is nothing difficult, but you have to stick to the guidelines.
Before you will be able to change status in Skype, you need to access this mobile application in the first place
- In the first place, you have to find the Skype icon on the smartphone and tap on it. Following it, you will launch the application.
If you want to change status in Skype, you need to access the page of your Skype profile’s settings
- Following it, you will get to see the page of chats in Skype. There, you need to tap on your profile photo icon, which is located at the top of that page.
This is the place where you can immediately change status in Skype
- Right after that, you will get to see the page of your Skype account’s settings. That is the page where you can actually change your Skype status every time.
There are are the types of statuses in Skype that you can utilize anytime, and each of them performs particular functions
- At the top of that page, you will notice the “Active” button. That is the button that displays your current status. Tap on it.
If you wish, you can also make a status message that will be displayed to all your contacts
- You will get to see a pop-up window with three options: active (i.e. a normal status that shows that a particular user is online), do not disturb (this status shows that a user is busy at the present time), and invisible (this status will show a user as if he was offline, but he is in fact online and can talk to the others). Select a status by simply tapping on the option you want.
As you can see, the status message must be typed in the second field, right below your Skype name
- Now, you have succeeded to change your status. Now, let’s change the status message. For that purpose, you should tap on the “Edit” button, placed near your Skype name.
- You will get to see that you can edit your name. Yet, the status message must be typed in the second field. Enter your status message there.
Eventually, you will notice that you have successfully changed both status and the status message in Skype
- Once you are done with typing your status message, you should tap on the “OK” button. As you will notice, you have successfully changed both types of statuses in Skype.
You can also learn how to create a Skype account.