If you have got to use your Skype app from your smartphone a way too often, you can consider enabling the feature of data saver on it. Simply put, this feature allows you to spend less mobile data when you use Skype on your smartphone. That can be especially useful if you are somewhere abroad and the roaming prices on the internet are high. This guide will demonstrate you how to enable data saver in Skype step by step, and you should just follow the guidelines provided on this page.
You can enable data saver in Skype with ease, but you should actually launch this mobile application in the first place
- In the first place, you have to look for the icon of the Skype app on your smartphone and tap on it. That will let you launch the mobile application.
If you want to enable data saver in Skype, you have to access the page with your profile settings
- Following it, you will get to see the page of your chats in Skype. There, you will notice your profile photo icon, placed in the center at the top. You should tap on that icon.
This is the page where you can edit the settings of your Skype profile
- Once you have done that, you will notice that you have just accessed the page of your Skype account’s settings. There, you need to scroll down until you will stumble upon the “Highlights” section.
In order to turn on the mobile data saver in Skype, you should access this section of the settings of your Skype account
- When you have done that, you have to click on that “Highlights” section of the settings.
If you want to enable data saver in Skype, you should tap on this button now
- The next page is actually the place where you can enable the mobile data saver feature in Skype. That feature is represented in the first line, and you have to tap on the button placed next to the description of that feature.
As you can observe now, you have just successfully enabled the mobile data saver feature in Skype
- Once you have done that, you will notice that the button next to that feature has switched to another side. That implies that you have just successfully enabled the mobile data saver feature in Skype. In turn, that means that you will spend much less data when using your Skype account on a smartphone.
Yet, this guide is not everything that we can offer to you. For instance, this Skype page contains a large variety of useful guides for this messenger. Additionally, you can also have a look at this article for such a social network like Facebook: How to Start Live Streaming on Facebook.