Originally, Skype became known worldwide long before there appeared apps for smartphones (and even long before the smartphones appeared). Thus, having a desktop version of Skype may always be useful and necessary, since it allows you to talk to anyone, using your PC or laptop. This guide will show you how to install Skype on desktop step by step. You will notice that the procedure is not difficult at all and does not require more than a couple of minutes of your time. All you have to do is to stick to the guidelines, published on this page.
In order to install Skype on Desktop, you need to visit the official website and click on this button there
- In the first place, you have to launch your browser and copy the following URL into its address line: https://www.skype.com/en/. Following it, you should hit the “Enter” button.
After you have succeeded to install Skype on desktop, you should click on the “Log in” button
- Right after that, you will get to see the website of Skype. There, you need to click on the “Download” button, placed at the top.
Once you have entered your login or email address, you should click on the “Next” button
- Following it, you will get to see the page where you can download the Skype desktop client. You simply have to click on the “Download” button.
You will be asked to type your password in this field and click on this button
- After you have downloaded that installer from the website of Skype, you should click on it and start installing it. You need to click on the “Install” button in order to proceed further.
As you can see, you have actually succeeded to install Skype on desktop and you can start using it
- Once the installation process has been finished, you should tap on the “Close” button in order to close the installer.
This part of the desktop version of Skype displays the notifications that you will receive
- Following it, you should click on the Skype icon on your desktop.
- After you have launched the app, you will have to click on the “Sign in” button.
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter your email address or login and click on the “Next” button.
As you can observe, you can also change the settings of your desktop version of Skype
- Right after that, you will be asked to enter your password. You should enter the password in the provided field and, following it, you should click on the “Sign in” button.
- Immediately after that, you will notice that you have just successfully logged in to your Skype account.
- You can edit the settings of your Skype account and your desktop client by clicking on your profile photo there.
If you still don’t have an account with Skype, find out how to get started on this messenger on this page.