If you use your Skype account with a smartphone and you are new to this app, you may find yourself struggling to log out of your Skype account. Indeed, Microsoft has made this procedure a bit tricky, but it will not take more than a minute of your time. This article will demonstrate you how to log out of Skype, and you have just to stick to these instructions. As you will learn, there is nothing difficult in doing so.
You can log out of Skype easily and quickly, yet you have to launch the mobile application in the first place
- In the first place, you should find the icon of the Skype app on your smartphone and tap on it. That will let you launch the app.
In order to log out of Skype, you need to access the page of your profile in this messenger
- After you have done that, you will get to see the Skype page of your chats. On that page, you need to tap on the profile photo icon, which is displayed at the top of that page (in the center).
If you want to log out of this messenger, you need to scroll down till the very bottom of this page of the settings
- Following it, you will get to see the page of the settings of your Skype account. There, you need to scroll down till the very bottom.
You can sign out of Skype by tapping on this option
- At the very bottom of that page, you will get to see the “Sign out” option (which is also colored in red). Thus, you should tap on that option in order to proceed further.
If you are sure that you want to sign out of Skype, you can click on this text button in order to proceed further
- Right after that, the system will ask you whether you are sure to log out of your Skype account. At that point, you should tap on the “SIGN OUT” text button in order to proceed further and log out of Skype.
If you don’t want to sign in to Skype anytime in the future, you should tap on this text button
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the main webpage of Skype. Yet, if you click on the “Sign as [username],” you will be immediately able to log in to your Skype account without having to enter your password.
- Let’s suppose that you don’t want someone to be able to enter your Skype account with your smartphone. For that, you should tap on the “Forget this account” text button, placed right beneath “Sign as [username].”
As you can see, the system has “forgotten” your login and password and, thus, you can’t access Skype automatically
- After doing so, you will get to see an ordinary starting page of the Skype account.
If you still don’t use Skype, you can learn how to create a Skype account.