Skype is well-known as the app that started the era of audio and video calls through the internet. It is obvious that this messenger remains used so widely exactly thanks to its feature (even though it has got a tough competition from WhatsApp, Viber, LINE, and Telegram). So, if you are new to Skype, you may not know how to make calls there at first. This guide will help you find out how to make calls in Skype, and you will quickly learn how to do it.
It does not appear to be difficult to make calls in Skype, yet you need to enter this mobile application at first
- First of all, you have to find the icon of the Skype app on your smartphone and tap on it. This will allow you to launch the application.
If you want to make calls in Skype, you need to switch to this tab in the messenger
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the page of your chats in Skype. Yet, you will get to see 5 different tabs at the bottom of that page. You need to switch to the “Calls” tab.
If you want to call from Skype on a usual phone number, you need to tap on this button and start typing a phone number
- On that page, you are able to make calls not only to your Skype contacts, but also onto phone numbers. If you want to make a call onto a phone number, you should have Skype credits and (if you have) tap on the “Call” button (have a look at the 3rd screenshot).
At this point, you can select a Skype contact whom you want to call and open a chat with him/her
- Then, you should switch to the “Contacts” tab.
- There, you should select whom you want to call in Skype. Let’s try to make a test call and tap on the “Echo / Sound Test Service” in the contact list.
If you want to call a person in Skype, you need to click on this button, placed in the right-upper corner
- You will get to see a chat with that contact. In the case of the test service, you will get to see only the icon of audio calls (it is displayed in the right-upper corner). Tap on the call icon.
This is a typical screen of an audio call in Skype, but it doesn’t feature the profile photo (since it is a call to the Skype robot)
- Immediately after that, you will notice how a Skype call has just been started.
As you can see in this Skype group, you can make both video and audio calls not only to users, but to the groups of users as well
- The last screenshot shows that usually there are two icons. If you want to make a video call to someone, you should click on the particular button (it is displayed on the last screenshot).