Before starting to use your Skype messenger, we highly recommend you to configure all necessary settings. One type of such settings may be the calling settings. These settings actually allow you to answer incoming calls automatically, specify your caller ID, or forward voice mail. All in all, this guide will show you how to manage Skype calling settings step by step, and you should carefully stick to the guidelines. Then, you will spend no more than a couple of minutes on this matter.
The first thing you should do before arranging the settings is launching the mobile app
- In the first place, you should tap on the Skype icon app in order to launch this mobile application.
If you want to manage Skype calling settings, you should tap on this profile photo
- Once you have got to see the page of your chats in Skype, you should tap on the icon of your profile photo, which is placed at the top of that page (in the center). Do it.
In order to manage Skype calling settings, you need to scroll down and find that section of the settings
- Following it, you will get to see the page of your Skype account’s settings. There, you need to scroll down until you will get to see the “Calling” option.
You have to tap on this section in order to start configuring the calling settings in Skype
- Once you have stumbled upon the “Calling” section, tap on it.
This is the page where you can manage Skype calling settings with ease
- Now, you have just got to see the page where you can manage Skype calling settings. At first, let’s have a look at the last three settings.
You can start forwarding voice mail on Skype if you click on this button
Answer incoming calls automatically. If you enable this feature, all the incoming calls you will receive in the future will be answered automatically. Enabling this feature also means that you will be able to enable the next feature as well.
Start my video automatically. This feature means that if you get a video call, it will get automatically started from your side as well. If you want to enable this feature, you need to enable the previous one as well.
Show call window when Skype is in the background. This feature is self-explanatory and you can disable it.
If you want not to display your caller ID when making calls in Skype, you should tap on this button
- Now, you should tap on “Call forwarding and voice mail.”
- Following it, you will get to see the page where you can enable call forwarding. For that, you should just tap on the pointed button and select the way of forwarding. Then, tap on the “Confirm button.
Enabling this setting will allow you to answer incoming calls in Skype automatically
- Tap on the “Caller ID.”
- On the following page, you can hide the caller ID, if you tap on the button, placed next to that line.
More Skype guides can be found here.