Unlike such messengers like WhatsApp and Telegram, Snapchat requires users to set up passwords for their accounts. That is not something difficult to do, yet you have to change it from to time for the sake of security. The entire procedure is quite simple and will not take a lot of time, while this guide will show you how to change Snapchat password of yours pretty fast. All that you have to do is to follow the guidelines provided in this article.
You are always able to change Snapchat password, yet you need to launch this app in the first place
- In the first place, you need to find the icon of the Snapchat app on your smartphone. Once you have done it, give a click to that button. That will launch an application.
Click on this button in order to start the procedure of changing your password
- After you have successfully launched an application, you need to access your page on Snapchat. For that, you need to click on the Snapchat icon, located in the left-upper corner of the camera page.
Give a click to this button of settings and start changing your password
- Then, you have to proceed further by accessing the page of settings of your Snapchat account – you should click on the “Settings” button that is placed in the right-upper corner.
Among different settings on this page, you have to click right on this one in order to start changing your password
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the “Password” section under “My Account.” You should tap on it.
You will be asked to type your present password in this field first before being able to change it
- Right on the next page, you will be asked to type your password in the given field. After you have done it, tap on the “Continue” button.
You need to type a new password in these two fields
- Following that action, you will get to see a page where you will be able to set up a new password. Make up a reliable password, consisting of both digits and letters (and it can also include symbols). Then, type it in the first field. Then, repeat the password in the second field. An indicator placed in the first field will display you whether the password is secure enough.
As you can see, the system also shows whether a password you are going to set is a reliable one or not
- Once you are done with typing the password in those fields, you should click on the “Save” button.
Once you are done with this procedure, you will get to see such a notification
- Right after doing that, you will get to see a notification, saying that you have just updated a password of yours.
You can update the password of your Snapchat account by accessing this section of the settings anytime
By the way, this page shows in details how to change mobile number on Snapchat step by step.