Snapchat’s key feature is the stories, and this feature even has been copied by Facebook, which implemented it in all of its services: Facebook, Instagram, and even WhatsApp (known as status). If you want to create Snapchat geo stories (i.e. those stories that are viewed by the people around you), you should follow the guidelines provided in this article.
If you wish to learn how to create Snapchat geo stories, you should run this app in the first place
- First of all, you need to find Snapchat’s icon on your phone and launch the app by tapping on it.
In order to create Snapchat geo stories, you should give a click on this button on Snapchat’s camera page
- Once you have accessed the app and got to see the camera page, click on the “Stories” button, placed in the right-bottom corner.
A new story can be created by clicking on this button
- After you have got to see the page with your stories, click on the “Add” button in a shape of a plus, which was placed in the right-upper corner.
Among other types of stories, you should select “Geo Story” at this point
- Among different types of stories, you should select “Geo Story” on the next page.
As you can notice, there are pretty enough settings you have to configure – as this story would be seen by people who are close to your geolocation
- Once you have done that, you will access the page where you can create a geo story. It must feature a map and several settings.
You can specify who can see the story, though the choice is quite limited
- Let’s configure the settings. Specify who can add to the story: only friends or also friends of friends.
In order to create Snapchat geo story after all, you should give a click to this button
- Then, specify who can view the story.
You will be asked to name the story, and you can do it with ease; after that, you need to click on the pointed button
- Once you have done that, decide whether you want the stories to be automatically saved to the memory. If yes, then you should tap on the button placed near “Auto-Save to Memories”
The new section for your newly created geo stories has been created, and you always can access them (or add posts) here
- After all, you should click on the “Create Story” button in order to get it created.
- You will get to see a popup window, requiring you to name your story. Type your name in that window and click on the “Save” button.
Once you update something in that story, you will get to see it in the “Recent Updates”
- Eventually, you will get to see your story displayed on the page of your stories. You can start adding the content and updating it.
You can also learn how to change your email address on this messenger by following these guidelines.