There are myriads of features of Snapchat, but there are not many security features available. One of the useful features, however, is the feature of Snapchat login verification. If you enable Snapchat login verification, you will be asked to provide the password and a text code (you will receive it onto your phone number) each time you log in with a new device. That helps to ensure a greater deal of the account safety. Our step-by-step guide will display the entire process of enabling this feature with images and in details.
The first thing you should do is to run the Snapchat’s application on your smartphone
- Before you will get to enable Snapchat login verification, click on the app icon and access the application.
In order to proceed further, give a click to this icon
- After you have got to see the camera page, click on the Snap button in the left-upper corner.
It will possible for you to enable Snapchat login verification after accessing the page of your Snapchat account’s settings
- On your Snapchat profile’s page, you need to click on the “Settings” button, placed in the right-upper corner.
Snapchat’s 2-step verification setting can be found lower on this page
- Once you have got to see the page of the settings of your Snapchat account, scroll down until you will notice “Login Verification.” Click on it.
In order to enable Snapchat login verification, you need to click on this option
- The next page is the one where you can enable Snapchat login verification. For that, you need to click on the “Continue” button.
You can start setting up a login verification on Snapchat by clicking on this button
- Then, choose how you want to get text codes now and in the future: SMS message or authentication app. Tap on the respective option.
Choose how you want to receive an authentication code
- After that, you will receive a code.
Once you have received the code, type it in this field
- Once you have obtained the code, type it in the given field. Click on the “Continue” button that has just appeared.
After typing this code in the given field, you can give a click to this button and proceed further
- On the following page, you should click on the “Generate code” button.
You can also generate a code that will help you recover your account in a case if you lose access to your phone
- You will be asked to type your password on the next page. Do it and click on the “Continue”button.
Before you will get a recovery code, you will be asked to type your password here
- Then, you will get to see a recovery code – it can be used if you lose access to your mobile number or authentication app.
This way looks a recovery code that you will get from Snapchat
- Now, you have enabled the 2-step verification on Snapchat.
On the page of Snapchat login verification, you can manage all the settings regarding this feature
Find more guides for Snapchat here.