Unfortunately, harassment and abuse happens in the online realm as well. Blocking and moderation are as important as the existence of social media and messengers at all. The chance of you getting harassed online is not excluded, and it is important to know how to counter that. This step-by-step guide of ours will teach you how to block users on Telegram – an easy way to fight trolls and anyone who decided to bother you.
Prior to anything, you have to open your Telegram app by tapping on its icon
- Begin the entire process by launching the Telegram application on your smartphone.
In order to block users on Telegram, you need to prompt the app’s menu and access the page of settings
- Once the app has been successfully run, you will get to see the page of chats on Telegram. In the left-upper corner of that window, you will notice a three-lined button. Give a click to that button.
The next step of yours must be to open the page of settings
- Once you have done that, it will prompt a huge menu on the left side of the screen. In that menu, you need to click on “Settings.”
You are allowed to block users on Telegram on the page of privacy and security settings
- You can manage the list of blocked users on the page of privacy and security. Thus, you need to tap on “Privacy and Security” under “Settings” in the page of your account’s settings.
Select this option in order to block an unwanted contact
- The first setting in the section of privacy is called “Blocked Users,” and so you should give a click to it.
Click on the plus button in order to add an unwanted contact in your block list
- On the following page, you will be able to see a list of the users whom you have blocked previously. In order to block another user, you should just click on the plus button, located in the right-upper corner.
You can block the contact simply by tapping on it
- Once that has been done, you will be offered to select whom you want to block. If that person is not in your address block, use the search field at the top, write the username of that person, and select him or her. Selecting a user you want to block is simple: you need just to tap on his or her name.
Now, you can see that a particular contact has been added to the block list
- After you have done that, you will notice that that user has been added to your blocklist. Since that moment, he or she will not bother you on Telegram anymore.
Besides, our website also contains guides to blocking users on other services. For example, we could suggest you to look at: