If you have changed a mobile number but you don’t want to lose your Telegram account, that’s definitely not a problem. Telegram, as well as other messengers (such as WhatsApp), allows you to change the mobile number of yours without actually losing anything from your account. The entire process runs smoothly and can be completed within a couple of minutes. This step-by-step guide will demonstrate you how to change mobile number of Telegram account quite quickly and easily.
Before you will get an opportunity to change mobile number of Telegram account, you should launch the app in the first place
- Before you will be able to change mobile number of Telegram account, you need to log in to the app. So, find the app’s icon and tap on it.
Give a click to this menu button, which, right after it, will be opened on the left side
- After getting signed in to the app, you need to open the application’s menu. For that, you should click on the left-side button, and that menu will be opened on the left side of the screen.
Among other menu options, you need to select “Settings”
- In the menu, you need to tap on the “Settings” menu item, which is placed closer to the bottom.
Right on the main page of your account’s settings, you can change mobile number of Telegram account
- Once you have accessed the page of your Telegram account’s settings, you need to click on the phone number, which is placed at the top, right under the “Info” section.
Click on this button in order to change mobile number of Telegram account of yours
- Then, you can start the process of changing your accounts’ mobile phone number. You need to tap on “CHANGE NUMBER” on the next page.
You need to click on the “OK” button, if you truly want to change the phone number of your account
- After it, you need to confirm your action by clicking on the “OK” text button.
Enter here the new number you want to link your account to
- In the given field on the new page, you need to type your new phone number and click on the “Continue” button, placed in the right-upper corner.
After receiving the code onto your new phone number, enter it here and click on this button
- Then, you will receive an SMS message onto your new mobile phone number. Type the code from that SMS message in the next field and click on the “Continue” button at the top.
Now, you can see that the mobile number of your account has immediately been changed
- Immediately after that, you will notice that the mobile phone number of your Telegram account has been changed. You can change it back to your old phone number (or another one) again by repeating this procedure.
In addition to this, we also offer you to have a look at other guides in the Telegram section.