Telegram is a messenger that, unlike its competitors, can boast quite a large variety of customizable settings – especially when it comes to notifications. In this step-by-step guide of ours, you will be able to learn how to configure Telegram in-app notifications, such as in-app vibrate, sounds, preview and many others. There is definitely nothing difficult to do and you will spend no more than a minute of your time.
It tends to be fairly easy to configure Telegram in-app notifications, yet you need to launch this app on your smartphone first
- Start the process by launching the Telegram app on your smartphone – just click on its icon.
- After accessing the app, find the button menu that is located in the left-upper corner. Once you have found it, give it a click.
By clicking on this button, you are able to launch the menu of settings
- Immediately after doing that, you will notice that a huge menu has opened on the left side of the application. Among various menu items, you should tap on “Settings.”
In this menu, you should select the “Settings” menu item in order to proceed further
- Once you have accessed the page of general settings of your Telegram account, you need to click on “Notifications and Sounds” in the “Settings” section. Do it.
You can configure Telegram in-app notifications in this section of your Telegram account’s settings
- On the page of notifications and sounds settings you can configure Telegram in-app notifications. So, once you have got to see this page, scroll down till you will find the “in-app notifications” settings section.
Now, you need to scroll down a bit until you will reach the section of in-app notifications
- Now, you have got to see this section of the settings. There are 5 settings you can customize here: in-app sounds (sets whether you want a sound on notifications or not), in-app vibrate (sets whether you want a vibration on notifications or not), in-app preview (i.e. whether you can preview the message in the tray of your phone or not), in-chat sounds (whether you will hear any sounds when talking with someone), and priority (the prioritization of messages). You can change the settings simply by tapping on their buttons – then they get autosaved in a new way.
Under this section, you can actually configure Telegram in-app notifications with ease simply by enabling/disabling certain items (just give a click on them)
- If you will ever have a need to reset all settings of notifications, there is no problem in doing this. You need to access the page of notifications and sounds settings and scroll down till the very bottom. There, you need to click on the “Reset All Notifications” text button and confirm it by tapping “OK.” All the notifications (not only in-app notifications, but all notifications!) settings will be reset to the ones by default.
If you want to reset the settings of notification, you can do it at the bottom of the notifications‘ page
You can also find other guides for Telegram here.