Privacy, along with security, is the crucial matter on social media and messengers. You always want to make sure that your privacy is protected enough, thus you need to configure Telegram privacy settings. It tends to be quite ease and this article will guide you through the entire process.
There is an obvious need to configure Telegram privacy settings, but the first thing you should do is to launch the app on your smartphone
- Start the entire procedure by launching the Telegram app on your smartphone.
- Then, you need to open the app’s left-side menu. For that, you need to click on the button located in the left-upper corner of the app.
By clicking on this button, you will trigger a left-side menu of the application
- After opening the app’s menu, you need to tap on “Settings” among other menu items.
You need to go to the page of settings in order to configure Telegram privacy settings
- Once you have accessed the page of your account’s settings, you need to click on “Privacy and Security.”
Click on this button and get started with configuring the privacy settings of your Telegram account
- You can configure Telegram privacy settings at the top of the “Privacy and Security” settings page. In particular, you will see there 4 options: blocked users, last seen, calls, and groups. Let’s click on “Blocked Users.”
The privacy settings are placed at the top of this page, and you can easily configure them
- Here you can block Telegram users that bother or harass you, or simply whom you don’t like. You need to click on the plus button and enter the name of the user whom you want to block (there is a more detailed guide to be published in the Telegram section of this matter).
If you want to block some of the Telegram users, just give a click to this button
- Once you are done with adding the users to the block list of yours, proceed to the “Last Seen” setting. Here, you can configure who can see when you were last time online: everyone (by default), my contacts, or nobody. Also, you can add exceptions for certain users (for example, everyone can see when you were last time online except of…”) – you need to click on the “Add Users” text button and specify who will be excepted.
This setting allows you to determine who can see when you were last time online
- Now, move to the “Calls” setting and specify who can call you: everybody, my contacts, or nobody. As with the previous setting, you can make an exception and don’t allow certain users to call you at all.
You can also limit the calls from unwanted people right on this page
- After all, proceed to the “Groups” setting. Here, you can configure who can add you to the group chats: everybody or just your contacts. You can configure exceptions in this setting as well.
If you are being bothered by someone who adds you to different chats and groups, this page will stand in good stead