Telegram web appears to be a very important and useful app from Telegram – you can write your messages in Telegram right from your PC or laptop, which far more comfortable than from your smartphone. Besides, our Telegram section also contains a guide which shows you how to set up the Telegram Web app, and you can find it here: How to Use Telegram Web. In this step-by-step guide, we will uncover how to configure Telegram web notifications.
Notifications may sometimes be annoying when you are using your Telegram account on the web. Or it sometimes may be completely opposite: you may need to enable the notifications while they are turned off. This simple guide will show you how to get these settings configured properly.
You need to access this page in order to be able to configure Telegram web notifications
- In order to configure Telegram web notifications, you need to access the web version of Telegram in the first place. You can do it by launching your browser and going to the following website: https://web.telegram.org./. If you have entered there before, then you should automatically be logged in.
- Once you have accessed the Telegram Web application, you need to click on the menu button. That button is also located in the left-upper part of the tab.
Once you have accessed your Telegram inbox on the web, you need to give a click to this button
- You will prompt a pop-up menu by clicking on that button, and you have to select “Settings” in that pop-up menu.
- Now, you have accessed the page where you can configure Telegram web notifications. You can see them near the bell icon.
Access the page of settings in order to configure Telegram web notifications
- There are the following Telegram web notifications available: desktop notifications (which will appear on your desktop), background notifications (which will appear in the browser), message preview, and sound (whether the sounds are enabled). By default, each of these settings is enabled. You can disable them simply by clicking on the buttons next to those lines.
This window allows you to configure Telegram web notifications simply by tapping on the buttons near the settings
- Also, you can make the sounds louder or quieter. In order to do that, you need to move the sound indicator (under “Sound”) to the right (to make louder) or to the left (to make quieter).
At the bottom of the window of settings, you can manage active sessions or change the language of the web version
- If you scroll down below a bit, you can change the language of the Telegram Web interface. Click on “Englsh” near “Language” and choose the language you wish.
- At the end, you can also log out of your Telegram account on the web. In order to do it, scroll down the window of settings till the very bottom. Then, you will have to click on “Log out,” after which you should click on “OK.”